Type 2 Medication.....

MrBear2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all,

I have just collected my medication tonight and found that I now have to take fenofibrate 160mg once a day. My doctor has not spoken about adding this in with my atorvastatin just wondering if anyone else takes them both together??
As always thanks once again in advance.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Evening all,

I have just collected my medication tonight and found that I now have to take fenofibrate 160mg once a day. My doctor has not spoken about adding this in with my atorvastatin just wondering if anyone else takes them both together??
Hi MrBear2016
I'm type 1 so unfortunately I have no experience of these medications but I would suggest calling GP Practice tomorrow before starting the medication, just a thought incase of an error.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, it seems a bit off to me that your doctor has added a medication without telling you or talking about possible side effects or things to watch out for.
Fenofibrate: Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More (healthline.com)
I second that you talk to your doctor. (Though Dr Google seems to suggest that it is often used with atorvastatin).

Are you on any diabetes meds?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
low dose atorvastatin and fenofibrate are often used as a cobination therapy. but I do think your doctor should have consulted with you before adding it to your medication so I agrre with those who have said you should talk with him/her about it.

I recently ended up on two blood thinners that can cause bleeds I phoned my doctor and said I thought this a bad idea he agreed and took one off my prescription.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all,

Your body, you should choose what you put in it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking this up on the NICE website, I think the GP should definitely have discussed this with you before adding it. It does have some common side effects which are not serious but you need to be aware of. Read the leaflet and if not happy ask for them to be removed. Have you checked that you even need the statin? Statins are not a diabetes drug and should only be prescribed if your blood lipids profile (the various ratios) is not good.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s disgraceful, sorry no help but wow :(