Medicinal Marijuana And Cbd

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Appreciate this is a contentious topic so interested to hear the views of the community.

I’ve seen lots of talk about medicinal marijuana in the U.K., particularly in regard to children with epilepsy. To me, it makes perfect sense. If tobacco isn’t illegal, why the hell is cannabis!

I have several friends with type 1 diabetes who swear by cannabis assisting them in the pain they have from neuropathy. I also suffer from migraines and so am genuinely interested in the government’s approach to this. In my opinion, although it means very little, cannabis should be legalised and regulated - there are many uses of cannabis and hemp and it’s fair to say the government could do with taxation of it.

Having been all around the world to countries where cannabis is legal, or medicinal cannabis is legal, it seems there is much to gain.

What does everyone else think?

Reactions: happydaze

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'd be in favour of legalising (and taxing) it. My only hesitation is that it does currently appear to be a gateway drug to tobacco, though I suspect that might be less of an issue if it were legalised as then people would be less likely to cut it with tobacco.

I haven't used it myself (been T1 all my adult life and not sure how it would affect hypos etc) but would love to have it as an option for future pain relief, though I also suspect that it isn't as much of a golden bullet as some of its adherents claim.

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A gateway to tobacco because it is often mixed with tobacco, and smoking tobacco is highly addictive.. so actually tobacco is a gateway to tobacco, more accurately. You can get around this by not adding tobacco if it's going to be smoked, but also through vaping it, or taking it as an edible, in oil or other foods.
I'm very disappointed that a close friend here in Australia has been trialling the cbd oil now for about a month, and really doesn't think she's had any relief for her neuropathy.
I used to find it was great for nausea during a Meniere's (vertigo, inner ear problems, nausea and vomiting) episode.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I use CBD oil as I cannot tolerate cancer tablets and have some chronic pain too and cannot tolerate any compressed nhs tablets at all.

I buy it as a water based one to give me the highest strength. And take one drop morning and night of this high percentage one. Brilliant.

I wish I could get the medical form from the NHS but I would rather it goes to people worse than me.

I get excellent results from this high strength water based CBD oil and will not go without it.

I think marijuana should be legalised.
Mind you I can’t stand the smell of it!!

Reactions: happydaze

Fo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello
I have tried CBD oil for anxiety and it helped. I dont take it regularly because I worry about side effects. If I thought it would help with the neuropathy I would consider taking it again. I take a low dose of antidepressants and are dependant on them. I am convinced I couldn’t cope with life without them and I know they have side effects which I have lived with. I was told the the antidepressant can cause Neuropothy.
I smoke tobacco but I am hooked. I want to pack in, have bought a vape but I don’t use it. I have tried Canabis twice in my life and wouldn’t take it again, as I would be afraid it would have a negative affect on my mental health. Can Neuropothy be reversed? How does CBD oil help the neuropathy? The numbness? It’s all a lot to take in.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Both in laws are using the oils from Holland and Barrett for pain relief (crippling neuropathy in the legs and arthritic knees) and seem to find it useful.
Loads of harm is already done by alcohol and tobacco so whilst I think it is arbitrary that they are legal and cannabis I isn't , I don't really think getting stoned is harm free for a substantial minority of users so would prefer easy access for those medical conditions where there is proven pain relief.
Looking to see how Canada gets on now it is legal over there..

happydaze

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t have any experience with pure CBD, and don’t have any desire to smoke any forms of cannabis currently, but not too long ago I was getting some neuropathic pain in my feet/legs. I found a strong indica dominant variety to be the most helpful with relieving the symptoms. Nothing else has come close to giving me the same relief before (apart from maybe some hot/cold therapy and gentle massage, but that’s another topic)

100% for legalisation both recreational and medicinal, with medical having priority. A lot of the product that is available on the streets is not even close to a “pharmaceutical” standard. Nothing bad can come from regulation.

My opinion :)