Medtronic e-shop won't sell me stuff

smig1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I switched to the Medtronic 780g about 6 months ago. Now apart from the G4 sensor's design clearly never being tested on an actual diabetic, such is the difficulty installing it without assistance on the upper arm, especially if aiming for the same side that you're handed, has anyone encountered problems with the e-shop?

I'm currently signed in, trying to order a replacement Universal Transmitter Tester & Cleaning Plug having been unable to locate mine this morning. Unfortunately the Medtronic e-shop simply will not allow me to add anything at all to my basket. I've tried logging in through a different browser to no effect and I've called Medtronic but the line for supplies is now closed and tech support can't do anything and says the e-shop is working fine.

Don't get me wrong, the pump and G4 sensor work great, both reliable and consistent but Medtronic really need to put a little more effort into supporting patients whose diabetes doesn't take a break on bank holidays and who have no alternative means to source replacement accessories when the e-shop doesn't want to play ball.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Medtronice-shop.jpg
    Medtronice-shop.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I switched to the Medtronic 780g about 6 months ago. Now apart from the G4 sensor's design clearly never being tested on an actual diabetic, such is the difficulty installing it without assistance on the upper arm, especially if aiming for the same side that you're handed, has anyone encountered problems with the e-shop?

I'm currently signed in, trying to order a replacement Universal Transmitter Tester & Cleaning Plug having been unable to locate mine this morning. Unfortunately the Medtronic e-shop simply will not allow me to add anything at all to my basket. I've tried logging in through a different browser to no effect and I've called Medtronic but the line for supplies is now closed and tech support can't do anything and says the e-shop is working fine.

Don't get me wrong, the pump and G4 sensor work great, both reliable and consistent but Medtronic really need to put a little more effort into supporting patients whose diabetes doesn't take a break on bank holidays and who have no alternative means to source replacement accessories when the e-shop doesn't want to play ball.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve just logged in to see if I could add it on my end and it’s also greyed out and won’t add so seems like it’s an issue with their website rather than an issue with you/your browser. Unfortunately all you can do is wait until you can get through on the phones.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know it just doesnt work for me on Chrome anymore - and its been like for months with me, though I did manage to get it to work using Edge, and it seems to work for me currently on Edge

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've called Medtronic but the line for supplies is now closed and tech support can't do anything and says the e-shop is working fine.
That's really bad. Tandem tech support line were able to order me a new pump when mine suddenly stopped working during the night.
With it being a bank holiday I suppose it wouldn't be delivered anyway though.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's really bad. Tandem tech support line were able to order me a new pump when mine suddenly stopped working during the night.
With it being a bank holiday I suppose it wouldn't be delivered anyway though.
Actually medtronic customer support are very good for doing that (well they were for me), mine died at 6:15pm on a friday night, the new one turned up at 7:30 the next morning (ie a saturday morning) and it had to be driven about 400 miles to get to me.

Reactions: Hopeful34