Medtronic MiniMed 640G System

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Funnily enough I have it clipped to front of my bra too! Lol! Yes, was looking at getting a purple silicon skin or the stick on ones (it does come with a black & silver stick on skin) but fancy a bit of purple! ;-) I have heard the silicon skins gather a lot of dust etc on them tho? Can't wait to start using it properly & getting myself all set up! :)

Hi Spicy,

The skins are good you can wash them under the tap to get rid of dust etc as th pump is waterproofish
Really pleased for you..

Gary

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Excellent, yes, I've seen those purple & pink skins! ;-)

I have found keeping my pump clipped to middle of my bra the best, especially if I'm wearing a maxi dress! ;-) Obviously just getting used to having it on my person at the moment as not actually attached to it yet but it seems the comfiest place so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
OK, I've got to ask, where do you keep your pump?

Haha -- mostly in a pump belt from Hid-In... Hardly ever use the clip as find it bulky! So at home I just sit it next to me and when I'm out I use the Hid-In belt, or tuck in jeans back pocket, or have a lot of dresses / tops with patch pockets which I've cut holes in so I can put my pump in the pockets and feed the tube through... I also don't really like the feel of the pump against my skin so dont like it in my bra unless it's the only option... But mostly all those other options work best for me :)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I have bought a multi band belt from Hid-In, not used it yet as not attached to pump at the mo but it looks fab! Have taken the clip off the pump too as it does add quite a bit of extra bulk! I have my pump training on 5th August, very excited!!! :)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Will do! Very excited!! :)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Right, I'm attached to pump using saline now. :) Got my start date too, 28th September (everyone is on holidays before that otherwise it would be sooner!). So am going to get a holiday booked before this date too as I don't fancy going on holiday having just been put on a pump! :-/

Reactions: 6 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Gosh -- will you be on saline all that time...? Very exciting to have it up and running though! :)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They've sent me home with some more saline/sets so I can go on and off it I suppose until that date to get used to changing the reservoirs and sets etc. It is a bit of a wait, I was quite disappointed I'd have to wait that long but hey ho.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
17 days till the big day! I'm going on holiday two and a half weeks after being put on the pump & after speaking with the nurse today she seems to think I'll be fine to travel with pump but I'll see how I get on first before I make up my mind. ;-) I'm getting very excited now!!!

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
17 days till the big day! I'm going on holiday two and a half weeks after being put on the pump & after speaking with the nurse today she seems to think I'll be fine to travel with pump but I'll see how I get on first before I make up my mind. ;-) I'm getting very excited now!!!

I have had mine for three and a half weeks now and I love it! It is amazing to wake up with BG of 5 or 6 this has never happened to me before! It's still a work in progress and I am still doing basal testing but I can't imagine being without it. Although my hospital tell you NOT to travel for 6 weeks after getting the pump, I think you will be fine, it's amazing how quickly you get used to it. I have had a couple of issues with set changes, one that i didn't get in right and one that came out, but I know this was due to to much body oil, so being more careful about this now. Apart from that it's been going great. Good luck.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I managed to put a set in but forgot to take off the sticky tape first! Lol! ;-) As you say, I'm sure it's something I'll get used to fairly quickly. So pleased you are finding it is working well for you @fairylights! :)

ConsultingTimeLordElf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're having trouble with sets staying on then there is a cream you can get on prescription called cavillon. I'd recommend this as I had a few sets come put while I was in Japan. But since I got the cream no sets have come off.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If you're having trouble with sets staying on then there is a cream you can get on prescription called cavillon. I'd recommend this as I had a few sets come put while I was in Japan. But since I got the cream no sets have come off.
The spray works better if you haven't tried it :)

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Hi Spicey245, I've been using the 640g since June this year,I think it's super pump.I was put on insulin from day 1.I have found it very easy to use and have not had any problems with any of the Medtronic equipment and find their backup superb.Very good luck when you go live.

Reactions: 4 people

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
I am still going well with mine too, had a few blockage alarms but nothing major
finding it chewing the batteries though

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks everyone, am getting quite excited now! :)

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Brava210,I agree about eating batteries,the 2 lithium batteries that I had with the pump lasted much longer..