Medtronic MiniMed 640G System

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Good Luck Spicey245.been on my 640 g for 7 weeks and still learning,but have got glucose under control and only two minor hypos and I'm running 7 different basal rates which helps with hypo's.Once again I wish you all the very best of luck.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Wow, 7 different basals!! Crickey! I am really looking forward to getting levels under better control! Extremely excited but still very nervous as is to be expected of course! I've been on MDI such a long time I think it's going to take me a while to get used to the pump! :) Not having to inject all the time is going to feel VERY strange (in an awesome way obviously!!) :)

Reactions: 2 people

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wishing you well with your pump start @Spicey245 :)

I hope things go nice and smoothly for you, I'm sure using a pump will keep you busy so you don't miss those pesky injections too much ;) Good luck.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Look what I've just picked up! :) Not actually attached to it yet but get to take it home and have a play with it. I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed that it's a plain black one; never got the option of choosing a colour, but hey ho, I consider myself very lucky to have got one! ;-)

Attachments

• 1436806659409.jpg
    1436806659409.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 373
Reactions: 6 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Look what I've just picked up! :) Not actually attached to it yet but get to take it home and have a play with it. I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed that it's a plain black one; never got the option of choosing a colour, but hey ho, I consider myself very lucky to have got one! ;-)
The 640G does have different colours but not in the same way as the Medtronic Veo did. My first 640G was a silver one which meant that there was a square of silver below the screen but the rest of it was black.

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a purple one, but you hardly see the purple in the touch square, mostly it's the skin and you could probably get a coloured skin for a black pump. I've been pumping saline since Friday night, going to try a set change and more saline tonight, but not starting to pump insulin until 18th August. Had pump meeting |and demo in April, has been such a long wait!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I found the skin didn't remain stuck for very long. It started peeling back after a couple of weeks (but maybe that's because I keep the pump clipped to my bra!) I didn't bother putting the skin on my present pump.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Funnily enough I have it clipped to front of my bra too! Lol! Yes, was looking at getting a purple silicon skin or the stick on ones (it does come with a black & silver stick on skin) but fancy a bit of purple! ;-) I have heard the silicon skins gather a lot of dust etc on them tho? Can't wait to start using it properly & getting myself all set up! :)

Daniel33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetees
Our clinic are also waiting for the pumps to be delivered too. They do look lovely pumps but as you say, they are very new so it's hard to tell if they are really good as not many people have used them yet. Urgh, decisions eh?! :) I have heard mixed reviews about the accuracy of the Enlite sensors too. Some, like yourself, say they are great, others are saying they are not as accurate as they claim to be. I am hypo aware thankfully so I wouldn't be having to rely on the Smartguard but I will be self funding and the price is grating on me a bit. How are people getting more than 7 days out of the sensors? Are they just very carefully removing the transmitter, charging it up and then very carefully replacing it and restarting sensor? :-/
Hi there I am getting one of these pumps myself at the end of the month this might sound like a silly question does the pump show your glucose levels without the cgm I am new to diabetes only 1 year diagnosed

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there I am getting one of these pumps myself at the end of the month this might sound like a silly question does the pump show your glucose levels without the cgm I am new to diabetes only 1 year diagnosed
You've got to test as usual and enter the reading into the pump.

You don't need to calculate how much bolus to give - the Bolus Wizard does that, once you enter your BG and and the amount of carbs you're having.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No, only when you are attached to a cgm sensor. When you do a blood glucose test and input it into the pump to use the bolus wizard your BM is shown on the front screen for 12 minutes only as after this time the BM is not considered to be accurate anymore. Hope this helps? :)

Reactions: 4 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Spicey245 it takes a while,I've injected for nearly 53 years and on my pump for 8 weeks today and still learning all the tricks,I went to my local hospital for a pumper meeting and there was old new pumper there and I think we all learnt something new,or at least I did,apparently they hold these meetings every 3 months for 2.5 hours,there is DSN and Dietitian there.I think this is a brilliant idea.

Reactions: 3 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicey245 it takes a while,I've injected for nearly 53 years and on my pump for 8 weeks today and still learning all the tricks,I went to my local hospital for a pumper meeting and there was old new pumper there and I think we all learnt something new,or at least I did,apparently they hold these meetings every 3 months for 2.5 hours,there is DSN and Dietitian there.I think this is a brilliant idea.

Oh brilliant, yes that's a great idea! :) I am under no illusions it's going to take a while and lots of hard work, will probably be good days and bad days but I'm prepared for that. If it means that my glucose levels are tighter controlled in the end, that can only be a good thing. :)

Reactions: 6 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Spicey245,you are totally right,thankfully I am starting to get a few more good days now.I had no problems with my glucose levels on MDI but I totally lost my hypo awareness and the pump has made my life so much more relaxed.I wish you continued success with your pump.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Funnily enough I have it clipped to front of my bra too! Lol! Yes, was looking at getting a purple silicon skin or the stick on ones (it does come with a black & silver stick on skin) but fancy a bit of purple! ;-) I have heard the silicon skins gather a lot of dust etc on them tho? Can't wait to start using it properly & getting myself all set up! :)

i got a silicon skin but gave it away as it attracted so much dust and cat hair it looked awful.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @yingtong

Laughing at cand-girl, I think that's a non starter for me then as I have two siamese cats! ;-)

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my first introduction to the pump today, and will be getting this on 20th October. Didn't get any choice just told this is what you get. Looks like most people are liking it

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I got the stick on skins on the Medtronic website @Spicey245 and love mine... Had the pump over a month and it's still stuck on like new :) they have purple... ;-)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1436898795.106340.jpg