Meetup 6, 7th of May, 2pm at http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/find-us

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
It was a great afternoon/evening was really good to meet everyone. Hope everyone got home ok :) thanks @ewelina and @Type1Bri for organising and look forward to next meetup. Matt

Reactions: 4 people

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It has been a major faff. Searched the house for old meters, couldn't find matching strips or old fashioned (non cartridge) lancets, then found a meter and am trying to remember insulin and sensitivity for manual calcs. Probably a good experience in a way! :-/

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It has been a major faff. Searched the house for old meters, couldn't find matching strips or old fashioned (non cartridge) lancets, then found a meter and am trying to remember insulin and sensitivity for manual calcs. Probably a good experience in a way! :-/
This is the main reason I decided against a pump with a handset as its primary intelligence. When you lose it, well... As you've found out.

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is the main reason I decided against a pump with a handset as its primary intelligence. When you lose it, well... As you've found out.

Tim2000s from what i read recently you have gone far beyond the remote meter in terms of multi widget control... But it is a lesson learned for sure!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Tim2000s from what i read recently you have gone far beyond the remote meter in terms of multi widget control... But it is a lesson learned for sure!
Right, but as it stands, I do it all from my mobile phone. This means that I don't carry around "yet another thing". Any receiver boxes can just sit in a bag or pocket and are not needed to do anything. A watch is a watch. That's why, for me, the ultimate step is what Bigfoot have been trying to do. Make the app and the device the "FDA/EMA Approved" pieces and then go from there.

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looking bigfoot up now, I think there may be one lurking by the shed.