Not open for further replies.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I posted this information to a moderator early this morning
@Ambersilva @Bluetit1802
But the moderators may be well ahead in their work on this.The whole situation is very unsettling.Im torn between feeling very angry and just gullible!We ourselves had a family bereavement before Christmas so skimmed through some posts.
Edited to add......Couldn't sleep last night so spent some time doing online searches!!

Last edited:
Reactions: phdiabetic
Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is a very interesting author talking about sugar and diet , “how society developed an eating disorder” going by the name of Rob Lyons,

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please be mindful that as we don't know the background detail which the moderation team will be working with we can't assume that the person being named is the same as the one that was posting with these accounts. It's completely possible that this person was using details that they had assumed. It didn't take much research on the search engines to glean further details about the person and a photo which matched up to their avatar on a page and as this person seems to have been in the press in recent years it's not too far of a leap that someone could have spent a little time gathering some details and photos of another person to appear more credible.

To that end please don't dig up endless links back to that person unless you feel something needs flagging to the staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs63

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a very interesting author talking about sugar and diet , “how society developed an eating disorder” going by the name of Rob Lyons,

There are many people with that name. And indeed totally unconnected with the individual who posted on here.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find this all confusing and sad. Why do people go to such lengths to mislead everyone? I hope no-one on here sent any money.
Surely they wouldn't have used their real name ?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There was no miraculous recovery. His body was flown out to Germany for burial in the Black Forest. At great cost. o_O:D
Remembering thinking "now that's convenient- none of us are going to shell out to go to Germany for a funeral "

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I remember him and recalled it when all this started. If it sounds like a soap opera, with cliff hangers and a big one before christmas, it probably is fiction.
Sally
I tended to think it was somewhat of drama, but actually didn't think more of it than that - but I didn't particularly follow their saga anyway....
Robbity

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We all know that the health saga was a hoax and as such traceable to its source by site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.