Members Robbieswan and MrsRobbieswan

Status
Not open for further replies.

leahkian

I know some of us were taking in by both of them but we were trying to help and it is a bitter pill to swallow, but with moderators finding out about them we should all be thankful. As they say it will take time to sort out but it will not stop me from helping people on this forum in fact it makes me want to help more. For every bad apple there are a 1000 good ones, this is our forum where we talk, rant and twist but that's what makes the forum work, we all just can't meet for a coffee and talk through things as we all live in different places. It does not matter that we fell for the con because their are always going to be people who will try to con us everyday, i mean we get conned by MP;s every time we vote as the tell you they are going to do all sorts to help us and then don't. So lets back to doing what we do and forget these sad people.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t mind helping and sending money/contributions to people in need.

However if the claim isn’t genuine and it turned out to be a scam, it’s just right for fraudulent people to be removed and to be reported to the authorities.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
@derry60 I had the exact same thoughts as you. But then I justified it by thinking she was in a strange hospital with no one around to comfort her so she was taking comfort from all the lovely people here on this forum. And I thought how really sweet that can happen. Totally gullable!!
These people are professional trolls,and they have probably been on other health sites and pulled the same scam. Nasty people : (

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I don’t mind helping and sending money/contributions to people in need.

However if the claim isn’t genuine and it turned out to be a scam, it’s just right for fraudulent people to be removed and to be reported to the authorities.
Correct. The thing is these people had people on here really worried and upset,no doubt some people on here perhaps did not sleep properly or played on their minds. Needless concern for the trolls, but they do not care, its a game to them.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Correct. The thing is these people had people on here really worried and upset,no doubt some people on here perhaps did not sleep properly or played on their minds. Needless concern for the trolls, but they do not care, its a game to them.

Totally agree, so many people were concerned about him. We were all offering advice about basal and food and whatnot and they just wanted money! I (and many others) really looked forward to reading his posts and hearing about his life because we were genuinely interested in the situation.

I felt guilty about my own struggles with low blood sugar because this dingbat "died" the same time that I had a tough night! My dad always tells me I am gullible, maybe he is right... :(

Reactions: Struma

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We must not let this make us too cynical though as there will be those who arrive here at some point in the future in genuine need of our help and support who we should not discount or disbelieve because of this bad experience we have suffered because of this person or persons.

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
99% + of us on this Forum are great people. We mustn't lose our desire to help and support others just because of some sad, possibly ill individual. If we do we will all be worse off. Thank you to the Moderators for all the work they do on this Forum. It has made such a positive difference to my health.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Feeling angry with them, and with myself for being taken in. Despite all the praise for our kindness towards them I'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Reactions: phdiabetic

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe that whoever was behind the many posts was also guilty of identity theft. The real people named are alive and well and easily found online.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe that whoever was behind the many posts was also guilty of identity theft. The real people named are alive and well and easily found online.

I did wonder about that. I remember them posting a photo of some hospital document showing Robbie's name and hospital ID number. A Mod warned them to take it off as it compromised their privacy!!!!!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this should be definitely passed on to the mods - if you have found them on line and are innocent they may well be unaware of any wrongdoing - obviously dealt with by the police etc

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Those doing internet searches should recall that "RobbieSwan" introduced himself as Robbie Lyons of Swansea in his first post. All swans are innocent!
Sally

Status
Not open for further replies.