Members Robbieswan and MrsRobbieswan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizzy

Hi I didn’t believe any of it but I did fall for the kman troll but it puzzled me that there was a picture of Robbie swan that was the only thing that made me doubt that it was a con

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the attention- I suppose it's an illness of sorts, or they are playing the long game - no I don't need money, please give to charity etc etc - a few months in "oh if you insist- it will help with travel expenses to see sick daughter" etc etc
This thread might be a clue to what would have been their next move - getting people help set up the charity with their names - getting all their details, credit histories etc

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/charity.131069/

Reactions: Simon84

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WHAT THE HELL!! I can't believe this, it's just crazy! Who would do something like this! And when he died I thought, maybe they're just making it up, but the mod message said he died so I believed it! What am I saying, when he died, he didn't even die! I really cared about Robbie and his wife. And his story about having low blood sugar and what it felt like when you're about to die somehow really comforted me - he said it was peaceful, he felt like he was at peace with the world and had no worries. AND NOW IT'S FAKE AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT REALLY FEELS LIKE. Obviously I try not to get low but it was comforting to know that it didn't hurt, and it wasn't scary. AND HE JUST MADE IT UP!!! And I told them how nice they were! GAHH!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Oh dear, but does this make me horrible...Why would a person be constantly posting on a forum when their loved one is in such a serious state? This thought would of gone through my mind. I am a very suspicious person though lol. Yes, what a nasty thing to do. This could of really frightened somebody who has been newly diagnosed. There are trolls everywhere and this is what they are. Probably having a good laugh at everybody's expense. They should actually think of Karma. None of you should feel that you have been taken in,you are all just kind people showing support and kindness, me well..Not sure what that would make me as I know I would of thought "Stop spending time on here and be with your husband,so yes alarm bells would have gone off for me" Arggg

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Oh dear, but does this make me horrible...Why would a person be constantly posting on a forum when their loved one is in such a serious state? This thought would of gone through my mind. I am a very suspicious person though lol. Yes, what a nasty thing to do. This could of really frightened somebody who has been newly diagnosed. There are trolls everywhere and this is what they are. Probably having a good laugh at everybody's expense. They should actually think of Karma. None of you should feel that you have been taken in,you are all just kind people showing support and kindness, me well..Not sure what that would make me as I know I would of thought "Stop spending time on here and be with your husband,so yes alarm bells would have gone off for me" Arggg

I have been on the tinternet for many years in 1 way or the other and if you are asking me it was the same person on a phishing scam, hard to believe but I have seen this 3 times. " times on msn chatrooms (years back and 1 time on the gaming community where I am a founder, some people disgust me and had my suspicions months back and thats is why I never replied to any of the posts by both of them. Sorry to sound harsh but this is the internet and some people are just either fake, need attension, want to be liked or loved or are after cash

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I have been on the tinternet for many years in 1 way or the other and if you are asking me it was the same person on a phishing scam, hard to believe but I have seen this 3 times. " times on msn chatrooms (years back and 1 time on the gaming community where I am a founder, some people disgust me and had my suspicions months back and thats is why I never replied to any of the posts by both of them. Sorry to sound harsh but this is the internet and some people are just either fake, need attension, want to be liked or loved or are after cash
There are people out there that troll all the forums. There are Cancer forums and there could be a really worried person on there giving a self diagnosis and will ask others if they think that they have cancer..Then some troll will pipe up and say something like "Oh dear I am really sorry to say but it does look bad, if I were you I would get to the doctor as soon as possible,I think its Cancer for sure" Even when the symptoms do not even relate to Cancer. Horrible evil people they are.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@derry60 I had the exact same thoughts as you. But then I justified it by thinking she was in a strange hospital with no one around to comfort her so she was taking comfort from all the lovely people here on this forum. And I thought how really sweet that can happen. Totally gullable!!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp - all the threads that she started and posted in are still accessible - if you click on her name there's at least 150 of her posts still there - not sure about the ones using his name - I think they all need removing as some of them are quite distressing

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp - all the threads that she started and posted in are still accessible - if you click on her name there's at least 150 of her posts still there - not sure about the ones using his name - I think they all need removing as some of them are quite distressing
Thank you, @lovinglife.
As you can imagine we have a mammoth task here.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

The evidence we already have is strong.

Any member who has been in contact with either of these "persons" & feels they can submit further PM evidence? Please don't hesitate to hit "report". No matter how trivial you think this is in the "grand scheme" of things..

All input from you guys help.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Karma will most certainly bite the robbieswan trolls on the backside, when it does I fervently hope it hurts.
And a bit worse than a tetanus jab there with a blunt horse needle.

As someone newish here but not to sugar I found their posts too intense so avoided them, but did feel bad when the guy died and narked when the widow started preaching blood sugar numbers, as from the bit I'd read didn't feel that it was the 'sugar' that had killed him, what I'd say to those genuine folk who sympathised/formed an emotional attachment is don't feel bad with yourselves for just being human.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - there will be a housekeeping exercise in due course by the techies. It is no small job, so please be patient.

Reactions: Antje77 and Salvia

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Wouldn't surprise me to find out there was only one person involved and using an alias to draw out the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.