Meter downloads and charts

ivinghoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
professional football
I couldnt think of a correct title for this so here goes...

Is it routine for other clinics to read these downloads and diaries or only when you ask them to? (not incuding for the DVLA medical).
I have been at the same diabetes clinic all my years I`ve been diagnosed, well over 30 yrs now. In the last five years I havent been asked by any of the team to look at my meters' data or my written daily diaries. All the my team look at now is the magic hBA1c result. They have no idea whats happening with my bloods day to day or even interested in it.

It never bothered me untill I read the Thinking Like a Pancreas and Pumping Insulin books. I`m now thinking they should be checking both every time I visit. I do my own management as best I can but recently things are getting much much tougher to keep together and they seem to just try to tell me how to suck eggs
My doc or DSN always seem to running 2 hours late or "something" has happened prior to my meeting which means theyre trying to catch up lost time when I get to sit down with them. The nurses running the clinic are always organised and run to schedule.. just the consultation seems rushed?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They have never requested to see mine, the only times the DN has seen them is when my BS went up the creak in Jan and I took the print off to show her what was going on. Same here with the HbA1c results they are only interested in them, and don't show any concern when levels are creeping up.

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought that was a problem too, never been asked for my meter's results which if the consultant had time to analyse , would be really useful to him and me. I am now reconsidering showing my meter to anyone thanks to the DVLA guidelines, it could mean that any lows might be reported back and risk my license not being renewed. There is no patient confidentiality on this issue!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to force a discussion about my readings.
I analyse my readings and raise questions about the effectiveness of insulin.
I always take my little book but will start taking the reports from my machine.
At my last visit to the practice pharmacist she agreed that insulin may not be working and adjusted my other meds as a first step to see what could be done. I'll discuss it further in a couple of weeks when I next see her.