Metformin Concern

Hi

I have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been put on metformin a low dosage to see how I get on. It's my third day of taking my tablets and I have suddenly developed a slow heartbeat, I feel cold, dizzy and nauseous plus horrific stomach cramps and muscle pains in my neck and arms and I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether this is normal with metformin or not?

Thanks

Michelle

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Michelle.

My advice is to contact your Gp asap and discuss.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Michelle

I have been placed on meformin as well for my recently diagnosed T2 diabetes without ecperiencing the syptoms you describe.

I do not wish to alarm you and I am not qualified to make any kind of diagnosis but in your shoes I would see a doctor immediately to ensure that you are not developing lactic acidosis.

Quoting the folllowing site: [http://www.diabetes.co.uk/insulin/...ing you unduly in that case. Regards Pavlos

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Definitely see the doctor. If you feel very poorly and can't get an appointment SOON. go to A&E
Hana

IanS

I would also suggest suspend taking the metformin. However, I note from your profile that you are a T1 also taking insulin (is your profile correct?), in which case it may not be a good idea.

IanS