1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metformin - when to take it?

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by Alexandra100, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RichardHawkings

RichardHawkings Type 2 · Active Member

Can any kind knowledgable soul guide me? I am still unclear about Metformin use - I know advice is to take with meals but this seems to be to minimize tummy upset. I've never had any problems since I started Feb 2016 and have been taking 1g with just water in the morning (I rarely have breakfast) and 1g with dinner at night. Lately I've been taking with lunch (around noon) and dinner around 8pm. Is this better or too close together? I've tried a lot of googling but never found an answer.

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

If you take the standard Metformin and you're timings suit you then it seems ok to me. Having said that for someone new to Met or on the slow release version then timings do play a greater role.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook