Minimed 670g and sensor

Sattiva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have recently been diagnosed as T1
I am now on the 670g pump with sensor.
All is going well apart from having an unbearable itch at the site where the sensor enters my stomach all is good for the warm up but on the second day of wearing the itch appears and seems to be internal where the ribbon is implanted does anybody else suffer with this. There is no sign of infection just an unbearable itch
My healthcare team are aware
Thx for reading

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Sattiva and welcome to the forum. Yes, we hear a fair bit with itching with the infusion sets. A fair few people are allergic to the teflon canula. I know @Juicyj had an issue with the teflon canulas and now uses the sureT(?) metal canulas, she will be along shortly and will explain

Reactions: Juicyj

Sattiva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Sattiva and welcome to the forum. Yes, we hear a fair bit with itching with the infusion sets. A fair few people are allergic to the teflon canula. I know @Juicyj had an issue with the teflon canulas and now uses the sureT(?) metal canulas, she will be along shortly and will explain

Sattiva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@porl69 it's not the cannula that is the problem it is the ribbon that goes into the interstitial fluid from the sensor that is causing the itch

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It's not the cannula that is the problem it is the ribbon that goes into the interstitial fluid from the sensor that is causing the itch

Ah right, sorry, I mis understood you. And now rereading you first thread I can see..... oooops!
In that case you may be allergic to the sensor or the chemicals on the sensor? Does the itch go away or does it stay for the full 7 days it is on, I presume you are on the Guardian 3 sensor

Sattiva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah right, sorry, I mis understood you. And now rereading you first thread I can see..... oooops!
In that case you may be allergic to the sensor or the chemicals on the sensor? Does the itch go away or does it stay for the full 7 days it is on, I presume you are on the Guardian 3 sensor
@porl69 yeah I'm on the guardian 3 sensor and the itch only starts on day 2 after implanting during warm up and day one there is no sign of the itch but omg on day 2 I just want to rip the **** thing out and then the itch is present for the rest of the time I wear the sensor

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Sattiva have you phoned Medtronic and asked them if they have any solutions for this itch you have

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Sattiva

As this is a skin reaction it might be worth just trying Calvon spray before you apply the sensor and see if this resolves the issue ?

Reactions: Sattiva

Sattiva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @Sattiva

As this is a skin reaction it might be worth just trying Calvon spray before you apply the sensor and see if this resolves the issue ?
I don't think that would help as the itch is internal not external but I will certainly give it a go next time I change the sensor out

Reactions: Juicyj