Mint or orange chocolate suggestion?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Make your own? I am looking into this at the moment. I want to do a very thin layer of flavoured chocolate which can be easily broken. Not sure whether to use oil or extract.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peppermint essence - couple of drops at a time - same for any flavour you want really you can use essence

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
No No. I’m not doing that. I don’t have time. Any shop bought?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have only found high sugar chocolate with flavours, if you want anything other than plain, I suspect that you will have to make it yourself.

Last edited:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd tend to agree with you there, @Resurgam, but the OP hasn't actually said what they'd find acceptable carb-wise.:D

I make my own using cocoa, coconut oil and flavouring and apart from the actual setting time it's a very quick and easy process. Much quicker than a supermarket visit as I' ll usually have all the ingredients to hand anyway. But using a plain dark choccie bar would be even quicker I think...

Robbity

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Google Balance chocolate bars do all sorts of flavours sweetened with stevia about 16g a bar depending - Holland and Barrett do them

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I can eat a green & blacks dark mint chocolate with minimal effect on BG. It’s 5.9g carb per row which I know some would consider way too high but works for me. I have a row most days. I believe they do an orange one too

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Sorry, I only eat 90% cocoa chocolate in moderation and it is not flavoured.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: kitedoc

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s the one, @bulkbiker love it!
Unconvinced personally.. my cousin bought me a Godiva 90% bar just before xmas which was higher carb than I would have ideally liked but tasted great. They got it from Sainsburys and only got one. Went back to get some more and not stocked... seems impossible to get anywhere.. bl**dy typical...

Edit to add if anyone Ocados then they do it
https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Godiva-Pure-Dark-Chocolate-90-Cocoa-Bar/418402011
But I'd have to buy quite a lot for free delivery!

The other annoying thing is it has 12 squares so working out the carbs is a pain...

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Personally I can eat a green & blacks dark mint chocolate with minimal effect on BG. It’s 5.9g carb per row which I know some would consider way too high but works for me. I have a row most days. I believe they do an orange one too
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. I will try it.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
I have only found high sugar chocolate with flavours, if you want anything other than plain, I suspect that you will have to make it yourself.

I'm not going to make my own. I was asking for some ideas so I don't have to. I simply don't have the time for cooking/baking etc unless it is super quick.