Moderator Elections 2017: nominate your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

debrasue

T
Right @Sable_Jan runs the chat thread Day and night , giving hours to this forum ..I therefore nominate ..
Also @chris lowe snd @NicolaB70 you have great management skills ..along with chris ..
Also @debrasue @Cumberland @jay hay-char can't forget jay ..all good people .. with lots of time for others
Way and above forum duties x
They are all caring people persons .. and getting to know them has been a privilege x best wishes to all Kat :)
Thank you very much @Kat100 for the lovely sentiments expressed here - I think your comments perfectly encapsulate the outstanding support and friendliness that members of this forum freely extend to others, and which is probably the overriding reason for the DCUK's phenomenal success - 532,260 members worldwide, and growing every day!
(But if you are actually nominating me here, I'd have to say thanks, but no thanks. :))

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to oblige, @AtkinsMo 's request, re personal statement of nominee:

Pipp. Female age 60+. T2 since 2005. 'Reversed' using Newcastle diet, losing 49kg in 2011. Have regained some weight, since. I have other disabling health problems including spinal injury, and blood disorder. I eat low carb way, exercise when I am able, usually in the swimming pool. Currently struggling with health, and trying to make sure I don't reverse the 'reversal'. I do understand and have empathy for anyone struggling to understand and improve their health. I try not to take life too seriously, like to laugh, but do accept there is a time and a place to be serious. Happy to continue learning from others, and be respectful of views, even those I don't agree with.

I agree that there have been several nominees more worthy and knowledgeable, who have, sadly, declined.

I do not profess to be expert in my knowledge of diabetes, but can usually find information. Not afraid to admit when I don't have an answer to a query.

The main reason I accepted the nomination is that I have gained so much support in the time I have been a member. I am very grateful to those who have and still do give so much of their time and knowledge to others so freely, and would be happy to give something back myself. I was unable to accept the moderator position offered last year for personal reasons of family bereavement.

If I am voted in I will do my best to live up to the appraisal of bluetit the member who nominated me, (that is to be sensible, pleasant and fair.) If not, then I will support those who are successful, and continue as I am, still learning, and still posting in a sensible, pleasant and fair way, when and where I think it will be of use.

Hope this is enough info.
Best wishes to all
Pipp

Reactions: zand and 13lizanne
K

Kat100

T

Thank you very much @Kat100 for the lovely sentiments expressed here - I think your comments perfectly encapsulate the outstanding support and friendliness that members of this forum freely extend to others, and which is probably the overriding reason for the DCUK's phenomenal success - 532,260 members worldwide, and growing every day!
(But if you are actually nominating me here, I'd have to say thanks, but no thanks. :))
Yes all above I confirm , I nominated :)
Lovely summary there @debrasue

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately Catherine Cherub decided to stand down early and leave the forum for personal reasons.
But we wish her all the best and thank her for her hard work over the past few years.

Thank you for letting us know. While I was having my Hickman Line put inCatherine sent me private messages which was sent to my mobile asking how I was. Lovely lovely person.

K

Kat100

That's lovely @Pipp long stocking .. ;)
for me I would like to see caring , kind , fun .. team ...working moderators
It's the members that make the forum and respect to work together works from all sides ...

Communication the key tool along with empathy and insight ..to meet all needs of which there are many

You get a nomination from me @Pipp

N

NicolaB70

Right @Sable_Jan runs the chat thread Day and night , giving hours to this forum ..I therefore nominate ..
Also @chris lowe snd @NicolaB70 you have great management skills ..along with chris ..
Also @debrasue @Cumberland @jay hay-char can't forget jay ..all good people .. with lots of time for others
They are all caring people persons .. and getting to know them has been a privilege x best wishes to all Kat :)
Thankyou @Kat100 for the lovely words and compliments but I'm afraid it's not something that I'd really like to do. X

Reactions: Sable_Jan

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
I would like to second the nomination of @Liam1955 who is always so very welcomin to newcomers. He spends a great deal of time offering support, advice and a great deal of encouragement to others.

Can I take this opportunity to thank @JohnEGreen for the nomination which was very kind of him. I have read the thread and thought about this and feel that as there are so many nominations I will not stand this time. Maybe in the future I would be able too o contribute. I think this is a wonderful forum and the members are kind , encouraging and very supportive.
@CaptainWard please could you remove my name from the list of nominees on this occasion. Thank you

Last edited:
C

chris lowe

I nominate all the above if they wish to be put forward :)

@Kat100 you know me better than that. I'm far too politically incorrect & would probably be reprimanded for not censoring posts or banning members for inappropriate remarks

Reactions: NicolaB70

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies, this is a serious thread for Mod Nominations. Could we please keep to that. General chitchat on the chitchat threads please.

Thank you.

Reactions: 13lizanne

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning everyone!

The voting process will be the same as always, though I appreciate your suggestions.

If we could keep this to JUST nominating please.

Thank you :D

S

Sable_Jan

I nominate all the above if they wish to be put forward :)
Thank you @Kat100 but I decline the nomination to stand

Status
Not open for further replies.