Moderator Elections 2017: nominate your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kat100

This thread had been disappearing a lot tonight
I would like to suggest that @noblehead remains doing a good job in a friendly way to all :)
I add Ian @Cumberland who treats people as people, as with fun suport and respect ..

Infact these days the forum is so much more friendly in its approach, we can mostly monitor ourselves lol
But yes some background workers required ,.

Well done to all who use the forum for many reasons .. we all make a great team .. no I in team just the people who make it x

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I appreciate the nomination but I too would rather not.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone!

If you have been nominated or nominated someone but the name isn't up yet on the first post don't worry!
Names will be added every few hours or so.

Thanks and good luck! :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This thread had been disappearing a lot tonight
I would like to suggest that @noblehead remains doing a good job in a friendly way to all :)
I add Ian @Cumberland who treats people as people, as with fun suport and respect ..

Well that's very kind of you @Kat100 and all the other members who have asked for me to stay on :)

I've completed over 2 years as a moderator and now is the time to step-down and let others have a go, I'll still be around the forum so not much will change. Best wishes and thanks again.

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just realised the Moderator with the blue butterfly photo wasn't mentioned in the advert to vote for a moderator !!!

Reactions: chris lowe

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just realised the Moderator with the blue butterfly photo wasn't mentioned in the advert to vote for a moderator !!!

That is Catherine Cherub. She appears to have left the forum and had her profile deleted.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be voting for @Brunneria and I would also add my voice to requesting @Indy51 to accept nomination. Provided there are sufficient moderators, the task should not be too demanding, and as members I find both @Brunneria and @Indy51 knowledgable, informative, kind and encouraging.

I also feel, very strongly, that the poll should be set up as secret voting. I seem to remember that last time you could see the 'interim results' which seems to me to be an inherently unfair process.

I would also appreciate a brief personal statement from each person and maybe from the remaining moderators, it would be good to see that the forum has a balance of different diabetics, with different management regimes.

Furthermore, the successful candidates should simply be appointed, I don't need to see the number of votes cast for each candidate, it must be very hurtful to 'come last', this is a voluntary role that we all appreciate very much, the 'winners' deserve a pat on the back and the losers need to be thanked for being prepared to accept a nomination.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be voting for @Brunneria and I would also add my voice to requesting @Indy51 to accept nomination. Provided there are sufficient moderators, the task should not be too demanding, and as members I find both @Brunneria and @Indy51 knowledgable, informative, kind and encouraging.

I also feel, very strongly, that the poll should be set up as secret voting. I seem to remember that last time you could see the 'interim results' which seems to me to be an inherently unfair process.

I would also appreciate a brief personal statement from each person and maybe from the remaining moderators, it would be good to see that the forum has a balance of different diabetics, with different management regimes.

Furthermore, the successful candidates should simply be appointed, I don't need to see the number of votes cast for each candidate, it must be very hurtful to 'come last', this is a voluntary role that we all appreciate very much, the 'winners' deserve a pat on the back and the losers need to be thanked for being prepared to accept a nomination.
I agree with all of this post, particularly the last paragraph. Amount of votes received should be secret both during the voting and afterwards.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately Catherine Cherub decided to stand down early and leave the forum for personal reasons.
But we wish her all the best and thank her for her hard work over the past few years.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately Catherine Cherub decided to stand down early and leave the forum for personal reasons.
But we wish her all the best and thank her for her hard work over the past few years.

Thank you for this.
CC became a mod soon after I started actively participating in the forum, and has put in a lot time and a lot of effort to make sure it ran smoothly.

I would like to thank her, and wish her well in the future.

Reactions: Struma and debrasue
K

Kat100

Right @Sable_Jan runs the chat thread Day and night , giving hours to this forum ..I therefore nominate ..
Also @chris lowe snd @NicolaB70 you have great management skills ..along with chris ..
Also @debrasue @Cumberland @jay hay-char can't forget jay ..all good people .. with lots of time for others
Way and above forum duties x
They are all caring people persons .. and getting to know them has been a privilege x best wishes to all Kat :)
I nominate all the above if they wish to be put forward :)

Last edited by a moderator:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Catherine cherub if you are still reading the forum I would just like to thank you for everything you helped me with in the early days of my time here. You were always polite and measured during some difficult times on the forum - I will miss you and hope for whatever reason you stepped down things work out for you - thank you :)

(Sorry for derailing thread)

Reactions: azure and Liam1955
Status
Not open for further replies.