1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Moderators rock!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by SWUSA_, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SWUSA_

SWUSA_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@himtoo and @azure I am glad both of you are on line because I just wanted to say you both did such a great job a few days ago with helping a new forum member deal with her resistant low glucose. Both of you calmly gave advice that worked for her and yet suggested the possible need for additional help when it appeared she might be in real trouble. She was able to treat the low but it took several suggestions from both of you to do it. That is really what is needed with new insulin users-real time accurate advice tailored to the person and situation at hand. Too much information can be overwhelming in such a situation but both of you managed to get just the right mix of questions and information. Thank you so much for doing that!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I agree, always two very helpful and non judgemental moderators :) (and some other moderators too ) :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. KezG

KezG Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I saw the posts too! Really felt for the girl... it was tense to read at the time and must have been so worrying for her but it was dealt with brilliantly by the two moderators.. WELL DONE GUYS. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  4. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

A slightly embarrassed thank you from me :) It just happened we were here to help :)

It's tense for us too when someone is in trouble.

Thank you for your kind words :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had missed the thread in question but have just been reading it - and I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said in this thread, @SWUSA_ .

And what a lovely way of expressing this to @himtoo and @azure .

:happy::happy:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wholeheartedly agree, the mods are great at what they do.
    They all have their own talents and ways in which they offer help and information.
    I have to admit to having a fave mod, purely because she always seems to say what I'm thinking and gives advice i totally agree with. ( sorry azure that's you ).
    Has for all the others you have my utmost respect for the time, effort and caring you give to all of us.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I didn't see the post but since we are on the subject (topic) I'd like to thank all our Mods. At times a difficult job. Very necessary and at very emotional times. Thank you for being there!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I agree they do rock but they don't roll too many carbs in a roll. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook