Modified Carbs Diet my Hospital Experience???

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@forge That may have been your experience of hospital it was by no means my experience on my last stay in a hospital. Modified Carbs was not an option. But then again the last hospital I was in was a NHS hospital not a private one.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@forge That may have been your experience of hospital it was by no means my experience on my last stay in a hospital. Modified Carbs was not an option. But then again the last hospital I was in was a NHS hospital not a private one.

And i believe forge is in Australia, so I imagine there are significant differences between the health systems.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It seems to me the main message on this forum is "eat to your meter" which leaves the door open to all different levels of carbohydrate consumption. Some need to go very low, others can tolerate a much higher level and still get good results. Some people here eat mainly meat while others are vegan. No one way works for everyone.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The OP is controlling blood glucose levels on amounts of carbs which would have my levels up in the high teens.
We are all different, it is what we all have in common, but what one person can or can't do doesn't change anything for anyone else.
The way I am eating seems perfectly fine, easy to do and I make no secret about being rather smug about my normal numbers and no tablets. There are those who struggle to get good blood glucose readings on fewer carbs that I can eat, and some who manage a lot more without any danger - but if we don't sort out our individual tolerances then there will be some who manage well and some who do rather badly.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Just for the record, I am not pedantic: I don't weigh my food, I don't count or even worry about calories or grams of carbs, protein or fat. I don't measure my blood glucose very often (maybe once a week at the most, usually less frequently). I don't take any meds. And I have normal blood glucose levels.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I note that it was a "major private hospital". Perhaps they are a little more enlightened than the NHS?!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here but I think this has been done to death. I just think that OP has learned some new things and thinks he discovered them. He is excited.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@forge You could argue that I eat a 'modified carb' diet as I tend to eat more than many on here however I appreciate that, for some reason, I am luckier than a lot T2s in that I can, eat amongst other foods, bread, potatoes and granola without too much effect on my BS but people eat the amount of carbs that suits them which, for members such as @bulkbiker and @NoCrbs4Me, means very few.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Simon84

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@forge You could argue that I eat a 'modified carb' diet as I tend to eat more than many on here however I appreciate that, for some reason, I am luckier than a lot T2s in that I can, eat amongst other foods, bread, potatoes and granola without too much effect on my BS but people eat the amount of carbs that suits them which, for members such as @bulkbiker and @NoCrbs4Me, means very few.

Great post-Thank you for acknowledging that many diabetics can't eat certain foods without a negative impact on glucose levels but a few can manage a few extra carbs currently and fair play to those who can,Forge(The OP) could learn a lot from you on how to post without antagonising quite a few of us here with implying people who have to lower carbs to a very low level in order to keep healthy are somehow "Pedants".