Monitoring Blood Pressure

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Since blood sugar and blood pressure are inter-connected, it is necessary to keep a check on both of them. Heard of Omron 10 Series BP786N, which does a wonderful job when it comes to monitoring blood pressure levels. It is a perfect health monitor for use at home. Plus, its features guarantee accuracy. It's also got Bluetooth connectivity, so you can store your readings digitally as well. :D It's a reliable upper arm monitor. Used a monitor anyone?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a Kinetik one, they guarantee accuracy for 3-5yrs depending on usage. I just replaced mine after 5yrs and the new one gave virtually the same reading as the old one on comparing them. It has no connectivity but I just tap the results into the Health app on my iPhone. It’s a lot cheaper than the Omron ones too.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Since blood sugar and blood pressure are inter-connected, it is necessary to keep a check on both of them. Heard of Omron 10 Series BP786N, which does a wonderful job when it comes to monitoring blood pressure levels. It is a perfect health monitor for use at home. Plus, its features guarantee accuracy. It's also got Bluetooth connectivity, so you can store your readings digitally as well. :D It's a reliable upper arm monitor. Used a monitor anyone?
Could you explain how they're inter-connected please?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One may impact upon the other but they are hardly interconnected.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One may impact upon the other but they are hardly interconnected.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/metabolic-syndrome/

Metabolic Syndrome is a cluster of metabolic diseases that are linked together. These include high blood sugars, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a large waist.
In many (not all) type 2s, all or most of these are present when a T2 diagnosis is made.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the most cheering moments in my visits to the clinic was when I had my blood pressure taken and watching the look of bafflement when it was perfect.
I have even had HCPs doubt their readings and take it again or even go to get another device - because of course, anyone overweight has to have high blood pressure.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the most cheering moments in my visits to the clinic was when I had my blood pressure taken and watching the look of bafflement when it was perfect.
I have even had HCPs doubt their readings and take it again or even go to get another device - because of course, anyone overweight has to have high blood pressure.

I have also never had high blood pressure, and nor have I ever had high cholesterol or triglycerides. I can't say the same about my waistline!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I never had high blood pressure until I was heavily into my first pregnancy.
Also only until after that was my cholesterol level queried. With extra swimming it lowered to 3.9 and forgotten about.
Only now that my walking is off and on are all checked more carefully. Or maybe due to up and coming op.
High blood pressure can still kill and long term high trigs can damage or kill but a large waistline can fend off starvation, if it rears its ugly head.
High blood pressure can affect fat or thin people.
I'm hoping mine is only fat related but it is definitely can be hereditary.
All my family have high blood pressure due to extra weight carried.
So i guess a larger waistline can kill.