Monitoring your numbers

steveo4

Ok then thanks how did u get the chance to try the new meter was u approached by Accu Chek or do u have to join some kind of organisation as I would be very interested in trying new products.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok then thanks how did u get the chance to try the new meter was u approached by Accu Chek or do u have to join some kind of organisation as I would be very interested in trying new products.

Yes they approached me via email. Basically asked if I was interested in testing this new Connect meter before it hit the market.
I'm retired and do some Beta testing like Windows 10 and a GPS right now. They don't know that so I was a bit surprised. I have atleast 15 meters here that I have tested on my own and a few are quite good but some are rubbish.
If you get Diabetes M I will be glad to help. They do have their own discussion group. Stay with the free one unless you feel like donating.

Edited for clarity and to remove repeat quotes and half finished statements

Last edited by a moderator:

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been monitoring for the last 8 months using the mysugr app, i've integrated this into my excel workbook to find in detail how my insulin to carb ratios change through the day.

I've logged everything from my blood test meters in excel for 7 years now. My data has given me my daily blood sugar cycle, and what i did look into just recently was the longrun seasonality. My blood sugar has an annual cycle too (see graph).

What is great about android/apple apps if you always have your phone with you is it gives a superb overview of your day by day management, a good tool for logging carbs,insulin and blood sugar results, then you can quickly make changes and view graphs on your phone.

916336cd264fd095f21db92833a05754.jpg

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I also use My Sugar as well as Diabetes M. Both have great graphs. My Sugar was better when the sugar monster squacked only when you had a high/low reading. You tried to avoid it.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive been using the Accu Chck Connect meter for about a week. It wordlessly downloads your test and also can email a report to whom ever you like.
I'm very impressed but the report need some minor tweaking.
I really like the large strips and the monitor isveasy to setup and read.
You also setup an online account which I did on my laptop and Note 4. There is an app you download on your phone which is all you really need on the phone.
This is a great device and I had it downloading wirelessly an hour after receivingit

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
A lot of meters can also upload the data to web sites/applications, eg Diasend or something that is only for that maker, eg Abbot meters.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
A lot of meters can also upload the data to web sites/applications, eg Diasend or something that is only for that maker, eg Abbot meters.
Yes but this is wireless. All my meters which I have at least a dozen, connect by USB. The Accu Chck Aviva Connect let's you download to a smart phone and your computer.
it is amazing!

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I use my phone app - an android Samsung - has a fitness app where I record my readings - also gives long range average - as do most modern meters that can be used with a pc (upload via usb).

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So since I started this thread I've been using Apple Health, generally working really well for me - although I sometimes forget to enter and I then get a backlog! I'm exploring a new monitor as the one I had was given to me by the DN and the strips are expensive, especially when testing 7 times a day. I'm going to look at the Accu Chek ones mentioned above, I really like the idea of not having to manually add it (not a huge overhead but I like to use tech where I can).

Also interested in app that provides averages etc so I know how I am doing. And it has to work with Apple Health so I can see the full picture in there. (Heck, what did I do with all my time before being diagnosed and having to monitor everything LOL)

Lots to think about - good job I'm a bit OCD about analysing stuff :)