Type 2 MOOD SWINGS

nezer007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I am Type 2 with have high blood sugar levels of between 18 - 22 which I am now receiving treatment for.

I have been informed that my mood varied from irritable, grumpy, snappy and generally not my usual calm self. I didn’t even realise my behaviour was becoming an issue which also now worries me for not noticing this.

My question is please. ‘Is it normal for mood swings with high blood sugar levels and has anyone experienced similar changes’?

Kind regards.

Hotpepper20000

Hi, I am Type 2 with have high blood sugar levels of between 18 - 22 which I am now receiving treatment for.

I have been informed that my mood varied from irritable, grumpy, snappy and generally not my usual calm self. I didn’t even realise my behaviour was becoming an issue which also now worries me for not noticing this.

My question is please. ‘Is it normal for mood swings with high blood sugar levels and has anyone experienced similar changes’?

Kind regards.
Absolutely!!
I didn’t know why but I would get angry or sad and generally had a hard time processing emotions.
Once I found out that I had high blood sugars it made sense.
Now I am within non diabetic range even when life gets stressful I have a easier time handeling it.

Reactions: nezer007

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Definitely yes. I get mood swings at both high and low BGs. The difference is that when i start to go low I get some warning in advance by becoming tearful - but when (in the past) I've gone high its been a slow process over weeks or even months and the moodiness also develops slowly so I have no idea that I'm getting snappy until its pointed out to me.

Luckily its one of the first symptoms to disappear when i get my BG under control.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My other half will definitely say: yes!

It makes life difficult, being female, being diabetic - all sorts of reasons for mood changes. When can I be a legimately grumpy and generally annoyed person? ;)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
My mood defiantly changes depending on my levels.

When I start to go high, I can feel hyperactive but after a while of being high I start to feel annoyed, thirsty and agitated.

when I start to go low I become very very very rude to those around me and know I need to get to some sugar quickly. I think because I'm so focused on getting to the sugar, all my manners go out the window.

My poor fiancé, colleagues and family members!!! :hilarious:

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes i am low this week feel like ending it all , no point in me having a visit to the doctors cos they offer medication and i won't take it .
The state of the country makes it worse for me , I'm sick of it all .

Rob_simms

Kind regards.
My blood sugar low and I have mood swings