More food advice!!! Dangerous!!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I just picked this out of Lidl's website, while I was looking for the current "specials"
They must be trying to kill the customers! have they got too many? I am a regular lidl shopper, but will certainly be writing to them about this and a couple more bits on their nutrition information page. Newbies look out! This kind of information is WRONG,far too FREQUENT and DANGEROUS.
>Carbohydrate
Carbohydrates supply energy to our bodies. They should account for the majority of our food intake i.e. over 50 percent of our daily calorie supply. The brain is even reliant on carbohydrates as its only source of energy.( no it's not)

Carbohydrate is found mainly in grain and grain products, but also in potatoes and fruit. (true, but they forgot other roots.)

Carbohydrates are not all the same. They have differing compositions and therefore different effects on the blood sugar level of an individual. The basic components of carbohydrates are simple sugars; an example of a simple sugar is dextrose. Some carbohydrates exist in this basic form; others consist of two or several hundred simple sugars.< (true, but oversimplified!)

Carbohydrates in the form of fibre-rich starch products such as whole grain rice and pasta, wholemeal bread, beans, vegetables and potatoes are highly recommendable. (NOT by us)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Re: More food advice!!!

Would you like to put a disclaimer on that Hana! Otherwise newbies will think you are recommending it!!