Morning pains

Nimble

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi been waking up with extreme dull pain in the lower right hand side of abdomen every morning, fatigue all day, sugars about 8 - 8.5 - that's good for me any lower and I can't function at all.
High blood pressure and non-alcoholic fatty liver for a couple of years.
This has been getting worse and GP really doesn't seem to give a monkey's just wants to sign me off work for rest
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
The only reason I'm pretty sure you don't feel like you can function lower than 8-8.4 is because you are just used to being higher. People feel like they get low blood sugar at higher numbers until they are used to the lower numbers. The problem with that number, which is on the higher side, is that when you eat you are going higher and that definitely isn't good for you.

I have no idea about the pain, you should talk to your doctor about it, if he won't listen maybe see another doctor? It could be so many things and we can't diagnose. But when my lower right abdomen hurt when I was young it was my appendix.

Nimble

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's less than half of what it originally was, I've tried time and again but get so sick and out of it mentally.
Local quack isn't interested in helping, and I'm with the best our area has to offer in the wonders of our NHS, so no help there.
I get wound up by these forum things, seem targeted at people celebrating disease, I know that's not the intent

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
This has been getting worse and GP really doesn't seem to give a monkey's just wants to sign me off work for rest

Is he willing to do some blood tests? That should be a good start....
Trouble is, there are so many things that pain could be, from sleeping wrong at night, appendicitis, kidney stones etc etc etc. I'm sure Dr Google could give dozens of suggestions.

Good luck.

ps Edited to add. Google all possible side effects of whatever meds you are on.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's less than half of what it originally was, I've tried time and again but get so sick and out of it mentally.
Local quack isn't interested in helping, and I'm with the best our area has to offer in the wonders of our NHS, so no help there.
I get wound up by these forum things, seem targeted at people celebrating disease, I know that's not the intent

What have you tried? What drives you mad about that method?
What do you think is celebrating disease? I see people helping each other overcome it and lead healthier, happier, fuller lives that aren’t controlled and limited by diabetes.

What are you looking for? Sadly it’s a fact you have type 2. You fundamentally have 3 options or a selection of each.
1. Do nothing. And ignore it and accept it’s likely to make you more and more I’ll over time.
2. Take drugs to help. Deal with any side effects and accept that this isn’t perfect and will likely still decline over time but more slowly than at 1.
3. Make changes. (Lots of scope what and how much depending on what suits you). Diet is the biggest option that makes most difference. Exercise (more movement than now in its simplest form) probably comes nex. Stress management, sleep quality etc are also things that help.

I’m not trying to be critical, just understand what’s held you back in the past and what might help most now.