Movies,

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
answers will depend on individual tastes so we need to know what excites you and what you dislike.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love the older type films, Blithe Spirirt, The Lady killers, A matter of life and death, Ealing cinema films, Brighton Rock, Old Sci fi The day the Earth stood still, Time Machine, Invasion of the body snatchers, War of the Worlds, Lots and lots and lots of classic films. Too many to mention.

RRB :)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Robinredbreast said:
I love the older type films, Blithe Spirirt, The Lady killers, A matter of life and death, Ealing cinema films, Brighton Rock, Old Sci fi The day the Earth stood still, Time Machine, Invasion of the body snatchers, War of the Worlds, Lots and lots and lots of classic films. Too many to mention.

Snap.

I find it strange how I have videos and DVDs in my cupboard and never watch them but of they come on the telly I just can't not watch them.

For instance Shawshank Redemption has been on twice in the last couple of weeks and I watched it twice.

Scarface was on last week and I have seen it about 10 times,(probably more)....

Pretty Woman. Same.

And don't mention Forrest Gump....

The Ghost and Mrs Muir (Rex Harrison) I have watched many times and I will watch it again as it often comes onto Film 4....

If I like a film I can watch it over and over again.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
zolabud said:
Robinredbreast said:

Snap.

I find it strange how I have videos and DVDs in my cupboard and never watch them but of they come on the telly I just can't not watch them.

For instance Shawshank Redemption has been on twice in the last couple of weeks and I watched it twice.

Scarface was on last week and I have seen it about 10 times,(probably more)....

Pretty Woman. Same.

And don't mention Forrest Gump....

The Ghost and Mrs Muir (Rex Harrison) I have watched many times and I will watch it again as it often comes onto Film 4....

If I like a film I can watch it over and over again.

Ahhh The Ghost and Mrs Muir with Gene Tierney as Lucy, or Lucia as grumpy ole Rex Harrison liked to call her. There is a film called Leave her to Heaven, with Gene Tierney, G T is very good in it and also in Laura. Have you ever watched Bette Davis in, Of Human Bondage? another great film and she played a cockney waitress!!! brilliant film, I would recommend it. I found it at a charity shop for £1.50 :D There, I'm off again on the old films, can't help it.

RRB :wink:

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
I am also very fond of Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty and Julie Christie...
And Don't look now (Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie ) which was based on a story by Daphne Du Maurier.

Who also wrote Rebecca. My fave is the 1939 version with Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon.

And Far From the Madding Crowd with Terence Stamp and Julie Christie.

See... You have set me off too now !!

Oh yes,and All About Eve with Bette Davies.

hornplayer

Moonstruck

Dogma ( you do have to have a certain sort of sense of humour for that one though!)

Quartet (what can I say? - I watch that film and I see me and my friends in thirty years! :) )

Woman in Black ( scared the **** out of me! )

Lord of the rings - return of the king (extended version)

Almost anything in black and white

And then there are the ones that are there because they are full of eye candy; - Star Trek ( the two newest ones), the Ironman films, Thor etc. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

twosweet

Recently watched "The Place Beyond the Pines". Gosling & Cooper. Good movie for a bit of melancholy.

"Horrible Bosses" Arniston & Bateman : an excellent insane comedy.

Netty70

hornplayer said:
Moonstruck

Dogma ( you do have to have a certain sort of sense of humour for that one though!)

Quartet (what can I say? - I watch that film and I see me and my friends in thirty years! :) )

And then there are the ones that are there because they are full of eye candy; - Star Trek ( the two newest ones), the Ironman films, Thor etc. :)

Woman in black scared the bejesus out of me too.......and my hubby lol

hornplayer

- what gets me is that I only watched it because my nephews said it was good - they were eight and eleven at the time! They watched it at a sleep over, my sister-in-law went nuts when she found out! ( - after I'd watched it and mentioned it to her!!)

- the play was on at a theatre around the corner from the one I worked at in London. I never got to see it, but I often wondered why people looked so white and shaken when they came out!

Netty70

hornplayer said:
- what gets me is that I only watched it because my nephews said it was good - they were eight and eleven at the time! They watched it at a sleep over, my sister-in-law went nuts when she found out! ( - after I'd watched it and mentioned it to her!!)

Don't blame her I'm 42 and it gave me fekin nightmares lol
Don't think I would like my girl who is 21 to watch it lol

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Scarface has just started on ITV 4.

And I am watching it... Again.

With Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeffer in her first film role.

Love it !!!

N

NicolaB70

Has to be Dirty Dancing for me. I absolutely love that film. I've watched it many many times and never get bored with it.

Pretty Woman and Ghost are also amongst my favourites.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Shawshank Redemption is quite possibly the greatest film ever made. If you haven't watched it, please do! You won't regret it.

I have quite an odd taste in movies. My favourite is probably Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - takes a while to click on to what's happening but on the second watch everything starts to make sense.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
There is a wonderful film called The Untouchables. (Not the one with Kevin Costner and Sean Connery)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intouchables

It's in French with English subtitles which normally I would find hard work but it is a really good film.

I found it here. It's a free film site that normally I wouldn't use but everytime I use it I scan for viruses and suchlike and nothing has ever come up.

http://viooz.co/movies/4409-the-intouchables-2011.html

Another French film that is brilliant is a film called La Vie en Rose.

Film about the life of Edith Piaf.

http://viooz.co/movies/2296-la-vie-en-rose-2007.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Vie_en_Rose_(film)

Both films are brilliant.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Netty70 said:
hornplayer said:
Moonstruck

Woman in black scared the bejesus out of me too.......and my hubby lol

Woman in Black, I have heard of it but never seen it, I want to watch it now. Has it been on the TV yet? I have freeview, It does interesting. Would I like it? as I love Sci Fi, Ghosties etc and Alien is the best Sci Fi ever made, when I first saw it THAT scared the bejesus out of me, but not now. Anyone seen an older film Black Christmas ? that's scary and creepy, but haven't seen it for years and years.

I am a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock films, I think my top three would be:-

Rear Window, North by North West, Dial M for Murder, no, it's my top four now, and The Birds, whoops no, now top five, Strangers on a Train ( A H's daughter played in that one). But I have never been keen on Marnie, I didn't like the way she was treated I think.

I like actresses like Margaret Rutherford, Gene Tierney, Celia Johnson and Whoopie Goldberg, she was brilliant in Ghost, so funny and had a good acting role in The Color Purple, another film I haven't seen for years.

RRB I love talking about films :D

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Me too.

It is one of my favourite subjects RRB.