Movies,

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Shawshank Redemption is quite possibly the greatest film ever made. If you haven't watched it, please do! You won't regret it.
The book was better even though the film was pretty **** good. I do like Bicentennial man and Notting Hill (I just seem to connect with them). I mostly watch scifi and fantasy films though.

At the moment I am watching the series space above and beyond whilst I am on my treadmill

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Anybody seen Metropolis- like it with the colour wash and Giorgio Monoceros soundtrack? Also love most things by Tarantino . Stardust is beautiful and I love James Bond up until Daniel Craig. Can't be doing with a sensitive James Bond - what's that about!

Reactions: 4 people

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Have to share something with all you movie lovers....

I have bought Archie recently from Amazon Ring O Links, Jumbo nuts and bolts and plastic cotton reels with a big fat string which I can thoroughly recommend as Archie started playing with them all as soon as I put them in the cage. Which is a first as he normally waits up to a month before he even looks at them in case they eat him. ( Archie is my 4 year old African Grey parrot)

Anyway,when I ordered them I saw that if I took a free 1 month trial of 'Amazon Prime' I would get free next day delivery. So I did the free trial,got all my goods with free delivery the next day and was very satisfied with Amazon's shopping experience.

When I looked at the 'Welcome to Prime' e mail I saw that it was on free trial for a month only and I had to cancel by 1st May 2014 of I would get charged £70 for the next year. But it also included a free month of Amazon films so I took a look and was pleasantly surprised at the range of films available.

Drama,horror,the usual stuff. Enough to keep me happy for a month. I watched Lost in Translation last night with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johannson.
I had forgotten how funny it is,but it isn't a comedy. It has a dry humour and Bill Murray is fantastic as a slightly older film star who travels to Japan to do some whiskey commercials and meets and gets on with Scarlett Johannson who is with her husband who is a photographer who are all staying in the same hotel. It is at times achingly funny and even though I have seen it a few times it always makes me chuckle.

When you go through the checkout on Amazon join Amazon Prime. You will get free delivery on most items for a month,get a months free access to Amazon films and be able to download free books onto your kindle.

Just make sure you cancel within a month.

You can also carry on with the films for £5.99 a month. I have had a free month with Lovefilm and 2 free months with Netflix and I wasn't overly impressed with the selection of films on offer. OK for a month but I didn't think it was worth subscribing to.

Plus my 2 favourite free film sites have been taken down so I need my free movie fix.....

Just thought I would share....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Rebecca is on today at 2.35 on BBC 2. (1940)

This is the first Rebecca I ever saw an I loved it then and I love it now and it is my fave version.

The naive second wife of a wealthy Cornish landowner lives in the shadow of her glamorous predecessor, who died in mysterious circumstances. The servants are devoted to their late mistress, particularly the sinister housekeeper, and the new arrival is driven to the brink of madness as she questions her relationship with her husband. Alfred Hitchcock's romantic thriller, based on the novel by Daphne du Maurier, starring Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.

Probably will be available on the BBC I Player....

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Stunning film, I loved it from the 1st time I saw it.
I was going to wash down some paintwork but that can wait. Lol

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love the ghost and mrs muir! Am currently watching where eagles dare! Must have seen it 20 times lol!

The Ghost and Mrs Muir is a classic oldie, both lead actors were made for this wonderful film and also the beautiful scenery :)

Ernest Moreau

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanna watch the heaven is for real if i am not mistaken it is already showing in some place.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Another favourite o mine is A Passage to India, with Nigel Havers, Peggy Ashcroft and Alec Guinness. Nigel Havers is the local magistrate in India.

Peggy Ashcroft and Nigel Havers fiancé go on a day trip with a guide to some caves and something happens ( or does it?) I found the film 'haunting' there is a feeling as if you were there and you were looking over your shoulder because of a feeling that something or someone was there and it made you shudder. Another great film that I would recommend, the word I would use is bewitching. I would love to see it again .

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Love The Green Mile in fact love Stephen King full stop.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Totally agree with you there,The Green Mile, with Tom Hanks, is a fantastic film, and Percy deserved everything he got!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just watched the 1957 film, 12 Angry Men, with Henry Fonda, brilliant :D

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense.
(Or just Bruce Willis) Lol.

C

chris lowe

Just found out that 2001: A Space Odyssey is in cinemas on 7th & 9th December. One of my favourite Stanley Kubrick films and not a speck of CGI on screen. Can't wait to see it again on the big screen with surround sound. Loved the sequence from the space station to the moon with the Blue Danube playing over it.

C

chris lowe

Went to,see a film a few weeks ago ..

Gone girl ..by gillian Flynn

Loved it ....
I'm not sure about this one, I read the book a few months ago and guessed the plot about half way through. Sometimes Ithink it's better to see a film first then read the book.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was given 12 years a slave a couple of months ago and I have still to watch it:oops:, but hopefully will do soon, any one seen this ?

RRB :)

C

chris lowe

I was given 12 years a slave a couple of months ago and I have still to watch it:oops:, but hopefully will do soon, any one seen this ?

RRB :)
Yes, it was one of those films where you want to shout at the screen at the injustice of it all, but very thought provoking all the same

C

chris lowe

Was a bit fed up this after noon and needed cheering up so sat and watched Young Frankenstein. Cheered me up no end. I think I saw somewhere that Mel Brooks used the original set for the scenes of Frankensteins lab.