Multiclix lancing device HELP

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,
I have been happily using my accu-chek multiclix finger pricker/lancing device now for several years and the reduction in hassle and waste I found on making that change was brilliant. I still get the lances in the barrels on prescription ( 6 per barrel) yet on looking for a back-up lancing device found they do not produce them anymore. I hadn’t even once been made aware that there were issues with continuation and I find testing is key to me keeping a healthy HbA1c level.

I wondered if anyone else is in a similar predicament/found a solution or indeed would be willing to donate their old or no longer used one as I really don't want to lose my current one and find I'm back onto the one use and dispose lances- I have enough issues to stress over never mind changing back to practices I did 5 years ago and throw out all my supplies.

Kind regards - Andrew

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also use the multiclix ,what are accu chek replacing them with ? I use the codefree meter but the accu chek finger pricker

CAROL

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also use the multiclix ,what are accu chek replacing them with ? I use the codefree meter but the accu chek finger pricker

CAROL
Hi Carol,
I don't know that they are replacing them- I certainly haven't seen any talk of a replacement sadly. I don't know why they stopped making them either- a real nuisance! I use the freestyle optimum neo now but have really found the multiclix lancing device so much better.
Andrew

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Fastclix lancet device also takes a 6 lancet drum, I think.

Ah that would be excellent news if that's the case- I thought they were a different drum style so maybe didn't fit. Thanks for alerting me to this! :)

Reactions: Prem51

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Carol,
I don't know that they are replacing them- I certainly haven't seen any talk of a replacement sadly. I don't know why they stopped making them either- a real nuisance! I use the freestyle optimum neo now but have really found the multiclix lancing device so much better.
Andrew

Perhaps the Fastclix replaces it?

I have a Mobile meter and that also has the convenience of a 50 test strip drum
Ah that would be excellent news if that's the case- I thought they were a different drum style so maybe didn't fit. Thanks for alerting me to this! :)

I'm not sure if the drums are compatible. Best to check. You could also look at the Mobile meter that also has 50 strip test cassettes.

Reactions: ajbmcadam

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you looked at their Fastclix which also has the little cassettes with the lancets in? I use it and love it for its ease and convenience.

There appear to be various videos on You Tube which might help you compare the two models.

Robbity

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you looked at their Fastclix which also has the little cassettes with the lancets in? I use it and love it for its ease and convenience.

There appear to be various videos on You Tube which might help you compare the two models.

Robbity
Hi Robbity,
Thank you- I have just found one to see what differs- my main concern is all my drums for the multiclix wont work in the fastclix.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The drum size is smaller I just checked their website ,but you can order the drums to fit the fast clix ,if you get them on prescription just ask your GP to alter the prescription
CAROL

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Robbity,
Thank you- I have just found one to see what differs- my main concern is all my drums for the multiclix wont work in the fastclix.

Just use those up in your current device but have the Fastclix ones too so that you have them ready to go when your Multiclix breaks.

I have two different lancet devices plus lancets on my prescription with no hassle :)

(And yes, it's annoying when they discontinue things you like - all to make money, I guess)

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the help everyone! Looks like I'll use up my multiclix barrels and have my GP change the prescription to fastclix ones for the future. A shame as I like the multiclix design and use, but hardly the end of the world.

Reactions: azure

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Perhaps the Fastclix replaces it?

It did, but the Multiclix is a much better lancing device than the Fastclix IMHO.

@ajbmcadam , just googled the Multiclix Lancing Device and see that there's new one's for sale on ebay if you want to take a look.

Reactions: ajbmcadam

ajbmcadam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It did, but the Multiclix is a much better lancing device than the Fastclix IMHO.

@ajbmcadam , just googled the Multiclix Lancing Device and see that there's new one's for sale on ebay if you want to take a look.
I agree the look of the fastclix is a bit unappealing to me. And I have looked- the only multiclix online I have seen are 45 pounds and upwards which is excessive I fear.

D

Deleted member 308541

Multiclix lancing devises and the six barrel lancets are still on sale in the pharmacy chain I go to.

They were around $15.00 each, the lancets were $7.00 for a box of four. They are cheaper if you buy bigger quantity boxes.

I have a Fastclix device as well, but I do not know if the Multiclix lancets will fit though.

Edit: Typos

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you attend Diabetic Clinic in UK THEY WILL GIVE YOU device for Fast Clix lancers.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would you have to be. being prescribed monitors and strips to qualify for the fast clix lancets ?
CAROL

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get my Fast clix lancers on Prescription from my GP. I don't think you can get meters from GP but you quite often see free meters on the Forum Facebook and if you are Type 1 you can get test strips on prescription from Dr.