Music Fan?

Blondie153

Yep, love the Pogues as well but thought Junes voice had the right sort of sombre note for the occasion. Shane McGowan must be some sort of medical miracle with the amount he drinks. Saw him once at the Barbican and he shuffled on stage, beer (or something) in hand, but as soon as he touched the mike it was like a switched had been turned on and he was absolutely fabulous.
Went to see him one time and he was too drunk to sing fell off the stage!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
C

chris lowe

:hilarious::hilarious: We went to see a band called the Dylan Project (mainly because a couple of Fairport Convention were with them) It was at Bedales School in their Laurence Olivier theatre which I can only describle as a giant swiss chalet type building. We thought one of the band was playing a bit under par, but realised he was absolutely out of it when he leaned up against the wall at the back of the stage and fell through the stage door. To give him his due he did get up and carry on playing. :D

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to recall an article about Shane McGowan, in the NME, where the journalist met him in the pub (where else? :)) and the first thing he said sounded - to the journo - like "L'age jeune torque", which seems vaguely like it might be some existential phrase in French.

Apparently what he had actually said - in his slurred Irish accent - was "Large Gin and Tonic" :)

You wouldn't think he was a public schoolboy (Westminster) would you? :D

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More nifty guitar work here, from the early (ish) days of Albert Lee who has played with Eric Clapton for many years.

The bass player is someone called Chas Hodges. Rabbit; Rabbit; Rabbit; Rabbit ................. :D

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now you're talking! :cool:

I may have told this story before: if so, apologies.

In the seventies, there was a Warner Bros Label package tour, with the Doobie Brothers headlining, and Little Feat as support. When they played in London, Little Feat came on stage and proceeded to completely wow the audience - as a live band, they were a very fine proposition. When the Doobies took the stage, they got a rather muted reception, which quickly turned to anguished cries for Little Feat to come back on stage, as the audience realised they were in for hours of tepid AOR, delivered by a band whose enthusiasm for performing was diminishing minute by minute.

I wasn't there (I read about it in the NME), but boy would I have liked to have been ................ :D

Reactions: 4 people