My 640dg is brilliant but I have issues with my mio insertion

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
so ineed help if anybody knows what I can do as for the last day today blood sugars are high despite of I changing the cannula twice but because I had difficulty inserting I changed it but to no avail but I have taken extra using my pen and it worked so if I keep changing it I will finish my mio cannulas and insulin so can somebody advice on how I can insert it without causing any chaos as I am thrilled with the640g

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you have difficulty with the actual insertion of the Mio or is it your blood sugars that tell you something is wrong?

You mentioned the possibility of finishing your insulin with the set changes. Do you realise that if your new infusion set isn't working properly, you only need to change the Mio. You don't have to go through the whole process of filling a new reservoir too. Just attach the new Mio, detach the tubing from it and attach the tubing from reservoir already in the pump. REMEMBER TO FILL NEW CANNULA.

Last edited:

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
Do you have difficulty with the actual insertion of the Mio or is it your blood sugars that tell you something is wrong?

You mentioned the possibility of finishing your insulin with the set changes. Do you realise that if your new infusion set isn't working properly, you only need to change the Mio. You don't have to go through the whole process of filling a new reservoir too. Just attach the new Mio, detach the tubing from it and attach the tubing from reservoir already in the pump. REMEMBER TO FILL NEW CANNULA.
Thanks I have done it now the third I did it right and blood sugars seems to be going down hence its working