My arm after AST.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Here's my arm after loads of AST (alternate site testing). Check on arm if think it's low if it shows low, I test on my fingers. But it's sore and I have a lump in one area. I like AST as it saves my fingers, but can get really sore.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1400011240.740237.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
try the thumb and little finger big pads on the palm, I like from the wrist to the little finger palm pad

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That's ok, but I only have one hand. I have no left hand which is why my left arm is like this, going for the under side now....

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't tried anywhere else, but the under side of arm seems softer. I don't know which would be better, I suppose it's a matter of keep trying all over the limbs till you find a place you like, with minimum complications.

iHs

That looks nasty Julie. I had a go at using the arm myself and got similar marks so didn't carry on. Have no idea about the under arm but there are veins so dont think its ideal. A bit inconvenient, but have you tried the top side part of yr legs or yr tummy or earlobe?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's a bit sore :(. Hubby does my earlobe, when he's around. I haven't tried tummy or leg yet, think I've fallen into the trap of using it, because it's so easy to get to.