My blood sugars are high

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My blood sugars recently have been extremely high in the morning (26,0) it’s when I sleep THATS when my blood sugar goes high.

is it my anti psychotic medication for anxiety
Or is it because I have ptsd nightmares reliving my trauma so my body gets extremely stressed and anxious as I sleep resulting in high blood sugar when I wake up?

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's definitely worth trying to get some advice about this. What was your BS when you went to bed on the occasions this has happened ?

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's definitely worth trying to get some advice about this. What was your BS when you went to bed on the occasions this has happened ?
It’s always 20+. I have an appointment with the diabetic nurse on Monday but I’m concerned that maybe it is to do with the nightmares cause sometimes I do wake up screaming.

yesterday, i woke up and it was 25 I took a correction and went straight back to sleeping, woke up and my blood sugar was 24. It really is only when I go to sleep. I thought it was my quetiapine as a side affect is high blood sugar so I took it in the morning instead of late at night but the high blood sugars when I wake up haven’t changed.
I took 62 of Long time insulin double what I usually have and it has made 0 affect on my morning sugars.

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
What? When did I say anything about being sick. I need help
High sugars can make you feel unwell. You should be checking your ketones if your blood sugars are high for an extended period of time.

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
High sugars can make you feel unwell. You should be checking your ketones if your blood sugars are high for an extended period of time.
I understand but could you answer my question about the dreams. Is it a possibility the dreams could be causing it?
I will check my ketones tomorrow I will have to get ketone strips as I don’t have it currently

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you meant it was 20 when you went to bed. That was very high to go to sleep on. The rise in that case overnight was 6 which could have many reasons other than the dreams. Hope you get some support from your DN. If you are in the UK then your Gp should be prescribing Ketone testing strips.

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you meant it was 20 when you went to bed. That was very high to go to sleep on. The rise in that case overnight was 6 which could have many reasons other than the dreams. Hope you get some support from your DN. If you are in the UK then your Gp should be prescribing Ketone testing strips.

no it was 5 when I went to bed and when I wake up it with 26