My DSN is awesome

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last week I had a telephone appointment with my DSN at my doctors surgery cos I wanted to ask her for a favour,
So, she called me and the start of my request was 'You're going to hate me for this but can you ...' :)

Anyways, my query was that I could see the last 6 years of my HbA1c results on my surgeries online site (6 years ago is when I joined my current surgery), but what with me being curious at the mo and having always been a numbers person I asked her if she could find out what my previous HbA1c's had been (I could imagine the scowl on her face at the other end of the phone), whilst talking she did double-check her systems to see if she could see more results than I could, but no she couldn't. So she agreed to go through my notes (my paper records were large last time I saw them - well I have had T1 a long time) and see what she could find.

Well, I checked my online records today and she's gone all the way back to 1991 (ie. when I was 16) and added them all to the online records :) So yeah, she's awesome, I think I need to find some way to thank her.

Interesting facts I found I found out: my worst one was 92 mmol/mol (10.6%) in 1993 - at about A-level time, my 20's were mostly 61-75 (high 7's to 9 in old school money), my 30's were mostly 55-66 (low 7's to low 8's), I'm presuming before 1991 they were not particularly good and probably worse than the 92 at varying times. Best results ever have been in the last year and a half whilst using the libre, not one above 49 (6.6%) - had never been below 53 before the libre.
From a stats perspective (though averages of averages are kinda meaningless, but we'll ignore that for the time being), the mean value is 62.8(7.9%), the median value is 63(7.9%), and the modes are 63 and 66 (though I've never worked out what mode values are useful for anyways!), the highest was 92 in 1993, the best was 44 in Oct this year

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, your DN deserves a bunch of flowers, a nice book or a home made cake!

Reactions: porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Wow she's a keeper, to be fair all of my DSN's have been amazing and i've had 3 now :)

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's worth getting a box of biscuits for doctors reception/admin staff as well. They did a lot of checking of my Med Notes (as almost as thick as Encyclopedia Britannica !) and photocopying when I was applying for a driving licence

Reactions: Antje77