My first blood reading.Please help.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swede and carrots are root vegetables and I think general LCHF advice is to avoid them....

Reactions: 2 people

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Will give them a miss for a while,I really need my levels to go down,I must admit the soup I made was horrid

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
I will have to down load it on my computer,or maybe buy a book,can you recommend any please...

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
books are so yesterday :pompous: there are apps you can put on your phone
thats why i just gave you a google link, as there is so much stuff out there for carb counting

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Can't download on my phone,not sure what settings I need to use,before I had Diabetes,I never used Internet on phone,another thing I need to look into.

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Ok,just got Google up with my fitness pal,is it the Diet,calorie and exercise journal.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think of it as all part of your lifestyle change. I don't use the apps either but have the My Fitness Pal on my laptop and desktop so I can update it regularly each day. Its a great aid and will definitely help you understand calorific and carb values

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
I just looked on my daughters phone,and it says I need to have 1200 calories a day,I had 32 today and it said if I carried on like this I would starve,but I put in what I had for food today,and it said I would put on 5lb in five weeks,I am 3lb over weight,and only need to loose 5lb,where can I find out what food I need to have more calories...I don't understand...Ty.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I put my weight and height details in my fitness pal it said if I carried on eating the way I was I would be heavier in x months time than I was now...I ignored it!! I carried eating what I was and am losing weight albeit slowly. If you are eating lchf then your fat intake will be higher than what they suggest and they say you will put on weight.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1200 is a lose weight diet, you should be about 1600-2000 depending on height weight
very simple is don't eat grain or grain product or potato, eat everything else and add a dob of butter or olive oil. this will get your bloods the rest of the way down in a week

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
But what food has calories,is there a link on here for that.and Ty.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dont worry about calories worry about carbs, eat everything else as much as you want. don't eat grain or grain product or potato, you can adjust this later, when you know more. don't make it hard on yourself
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Phew,ok...So I will just concentrate on the carbs,I am really feeling better this week,it's only been 3 weeks,but as the days go on,I don't feel tired like I did in the first week,and I have more energy,and I been keeping a food diary till I get on my feet,am going to sleep now,this is a very late night for me...Thank you all for helping me today...xox