My Fitness Recipe Calculator

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is this accurate?

I bought a book which if the food tastes as good as it looks, I will be sorted. Annoyingly, the recipes don't have a nutritional value but the author states that they are under 10 carbs per serving and gave an example of one bread of 1 net carb per slice.

So I entered the ingredients into my fitness and the recipe gives me 12.4 less 9 dietary fiber = 3.4 net carbs.

It's the first time I have used it so could be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Main thing with MFP is ensuring you are getting the right nutritional data when doing searches for foods
Because MFP covers a multinational audience with the nutritional data iall user entered and because different countries use different systems to calculate the carb content ( in the Usa the fibre is deducted form the total carb content shown whereas in the UK and much of the EU its already been deducted and is shown seperately.
Im in the UK, so always add either “uK” or the name of a UK based supermarket to ensure I get the right data

Reactions: Sani Thomas

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Boo1979. The recipe book is American and the ingredients aren't listed by make.

I did find the dietary fibre on mfp which was a relief.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! Changed 1 ingredient and 1 slice comes out at just over 1 carb.

I will wait until all ingredients have arrived and will check the recipe again before trying.

BrownMason

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey! It`s looks like great fitness recipe.

Just want to ask, how do you find motivatione for not stop trying to lose weight?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Just want to ask, how do you find motivatione for not stop trying to lose weight?

Do you have diabetes or not? If not (as your profile indicates) why are you here?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The weight loss is a byproduct of going low carb to control my blood sugar.