My foot is numb

DazG

Im quite newly diagnosed T2.

For the past few days, my left foot is quite hot and numb/tingling.

It does happen with my right foot also but not as often.

I am taking 1 500mg metformin per day at the minute and have cut out 99% of sugars and am eating low carb.

Is this foot thing caused by the diabetes?

Its really starting to get on my nerves now :(

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, yes is could very well be down to your diabetes, go and see your doctor or diabetic nurse as soon as you can or at least make them aware of your symtoms.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
DazG said:
Im quite newly diagnosed T2.

For the past few days, my left foot is quite hot and numb/tingling.

It does happen with my right foot also but not as often.

I am taking 1 500mg metformin per day at the minute and have cut out 99% of sugars and am eating low carb.

Is this foot thing caused by the diabetes?

Its really starting to get on my nerves now :(

It could be down to many things, not just your Diabetes. You should get it checked out by your GP asap. Get a proper diagnosis.

Ken

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I had something that started just like that :shock:

Ended up being GOUT :? GP put it down to oily fish and shell fish love it :cry:
my 2nd gout attack was very painful

Better to see your GP for anything odd

for info:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gout/Pages ... ction.aspx

Other medical conditions can increase your risk of developing gout. These include:

* psoriasis
* diabetes
* high blood pressure (hypertension)

DazG

I have an appt with my DN on Monday, I will be ok until then wont I ?

This morning I had a look at my foot and it was purple at the back, I almost fainted, then I realised it was the dye from my jeans :roll:

I thought things like this (foot pain) only happened with uncontrolled diabetes? My carb intake is very low and I have no sugar in my diet apart from what may be in the foods I eat.

I hate diabetes :evil:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As stated previously, do not assume everything is down to your Diabetes. There are many other things, simple things sometimes, that it could be due to. Discuss with your GP for a proper diagnosis.

Ken

DazG

Have been to see my diabetic Dr. this morning.

He said I have an infection inside the archway of my foot and gave me a pretty nasty cortisone injection which hurt a lot.

Quite relieved that it was nothing serious.

Does anyone know, is this a diabeties thing, or just one of those things that happen?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
That foot inection needs to be monitored carefully. Diabetics are prone to develop Osteomyelitis, which can destry bone tissue and often becomes chronic and drug resisitant. Good monitoring should prevent NASTY things from developing. Perhaps you should get a referral to the podiary department. Don't just accept the injection and leave it at that.
Hana