13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I am now going to have a rave, prepare yourself! This is what happens when you take charge of your health- NHS stops supplying you with testing strips. Apparently, as I have now had two concurrent HbA 1c tests, 6 months apart, both showing me to be in the non-diabetic range my diabetes mellitus type 2 is now " in remission" and I no longer need to test my blood glucose levels. Screeeaaam! Could some kind soul please give me the discount codes for Codefree strips? and a sedative :)

Reactions: 6 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5 packs 264086
10 packs 975833

I think that's the one I used few days ago.. from another thread.. I think it worked out at about £5.80 per box of 50 strips as I bought 10 packs..

virtual sedative enclosed .. hugs
M

Obviously the price of success.. you should be proud really but I know its damned annoying..

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you will order today. That's my new lipstick habit hit on the head :)

Reactions: 4 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a classic "Good news, bad news" gag.

In this case your Good News is way way better than the Bad News.

Brilliant

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
News Flash: Scientists announce Lipstick is really bad for Scottish people due to their gene makeup (!)

You're just to good to be diabetic.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty normal thing to happen my husband was only given strips on prescription twice after his T2 diagnosis he was then told his BG levels were not high enough to warrant getting them on prescription any more.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As my husband and I only test two or three times a week now I normally only buy 100 Codefree strips at a time as I worry if I buy more they may go out of date before we have used them.

Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As my husband and I only test two or three times a week now I normally only buy 100 Codefree strips at a time as I worry if I buy more they may go out of date before we have used them. When you buy a lot how long do you have to use them before they are out of date
I just got a new load of 10 boxes.. expiry date 09 August 2017

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am now going to have a rave, prepare yourself! This is what happens when you take charge of your health- NHS stops supplying you with testing strips. Apparently, as I have now had two concurrent HbA 1c tests, 6 months apart, both showing me to be in the non-diabetic range my diabetes mellitus type 2 is now " in remission" and I no longer need to test my blood glucose levels. Screeeaaam! Could some kind soul please give me the discount codes for Codefree strips? and a sedative :)
I paid £51.98 for 10 boxes so that works out at £5.20 per box.. bargain! And free delivery. that was direct from Home Health. Delivered via MyHermes took 2 days from what I recall.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I paid £51.98 for 10 boxes so that works out at £5.20 per box.. bargain! And free delivery. that was direct from Home Health. Delivered via MyHermes took 2 days from what I recall.
Thank you, M, I wasn't sure about ordering today because of delivery times, we're going on holiday at end of next week but 2 days that's great, for me probably be 3 since we're up here in the frozen north. £5.20 is a lot better than the £18.50 for my current strips that my pharmacist quoted - and that was a "discounted" price

P

paula.nolan42

@13lizanne

Firstly - hello up there from down here :happy:

Secondly - Congratulations are really in order - it means your diabetes is very much under control - you're a total legend for that

Thirdly - it is a bummer that you need to pay for strips but maybe you got too good and the management - couldn't you keep yourself in a range that just gets you the strips - ie test to your strip requirements ;) (you know I'm joking)

so just for you ...
Gold Star 2.jpg

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Rant away all you like @13lizanne, we all understand. Sending you massive hugs xx

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Congratulations on reversing your Diabetes

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At least you've had them prescribed in the past - not me, nor has a medical professional ever advised me to monitor my BG. It's thanks to this forum that I got a codefree meter (and am on my second lot of 10 boxes of strips)

Congrats on your great HbA1c results! :)

pensionistamike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excuse my ignorance but do the Code-Free Test Strips mentioned work with any type of meter?
At the moment I am using a Freestyle Optium Neo meter but have to limit my testing as I am
only allowed 50 strips every 3 months on prescription.
Knowing my luck !!!!!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Excuse my ignorance but do the Code-Free Test Strips mentioned work with any type of meter?
At the moment I am using a Freestyle Optium Neo meter but have to limit my testing as I am
only allowed 50 strips every 3 months on prescription.
Knowing my luck !!!!!
Usually you can only use the strips supplied specifically for the meter so I think that the answer would be no. You can buy a codefree meter which comes with case, lancing pen, and a small amount of lancets and strips for under £12. I bought a meter plus an extra 5 pots of 50 strips for under £40 today

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh @13lizanne . Its all wrong. There's diabetics out there who don't give a hout about their control and can have their testing strips freely.
It should be changed.
All diabetics should be able to control their diabetes with these aids, saving nhs a fortune.
I'm upset for you. After all your hard work? It's an insult.
Is it worth appealing to your health authority? Another poster exoerienced similiar but has diabetic complications to monitor too.
More and more people will be going in remission so a petition will be neccessary. Myself I don't know how many experience remission and stay that way. I know I didn't but I didn't have a diagnosis nor the knowledge on here at the time.
I'm thankful your in remission and wise enough to still monitor.
Does that mean you can have carbs in small doses now?
Please celebrate you deserve it. I hope you don't mind but can you become my guru? Ha ha I need as much help as I can get. :)