My Type-1 journey - new blog

Are you more or less happy than you were before you were diagnosed?

• Yes, more

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, less

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Mossy121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 22 and was diagnosed 2 months ago, finding it really difficult xx
Hi @Type1Bri
Thanks for the reply, I'm just struggling because at the minute I'm not requiring any insulin and when I ask my diabetic nurse she just says that their going with the type 1 diagnosis for now! Just really confusing me

Xxx

Hi Gemma in reply to your message it sounds exactly like what I was like I was diagnosed at 18yrs old as a type 1 diabetic and still am even though all my tests come back negative for type 1 diabetes but I present as a type 1 diabetic. I was on insulin for 4 months before having a year off of insulin, you've probably heard it described as a honeymoon period mine lasted a year as I said but some are shorter or longer but if your a type 1 diabetic your need to go on insulin at some point this is what I've been told by my consaultant at the time. Like I say 2 years on I'm still being tested for different types of type 1 diabetes as I never knew there were so many, but you will get to learn your body and be able to live a normal like so to speak, your take control of your diabetes and be happy. We are all here for support your not alone :) x

Last edited:

Hannah325

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and finding it hard at the age of 36 it has changed my whole life and my family lack of information from my doctors and the hospital have not told me much any information will be good

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and finding it hard at the age of 36 it has changed my whole life and my family lack of information from my doctors and the hospital have not told me much any information will be good
Hi Hannah
Similar to my dx, I was 34. Read through forum, so much information here. Above all don't worry and panic, it all becomes second nature in time

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I,was diagnosed as a kid on my 8th birthday..
Thinking about it? It hasn't changed who I am. There is light & shade in life. I still am what i am. & still diabetic.

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
Hi I'm 22 and was diagnosed 2 months ago, finding it really difficult xx

Have you heard about the freestyle libre? I would consider looking into it and buying it, it's very helpful.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Charlotte2580 , whereabouts in the northeast? I'm based in Sheffield most of the year, and don't know any other type 1s, and there must be other people on here in the same situation! Drop me a PM if you like, surely it would be possible to sort something out!

Charlotte2580

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Charlotte2580 , whereabouts in the northeast? I'm based in Sheffield most of the year, and don't know any other type 1s, and there must be other people on here in the same situation! Drop me a PM if you like, surely it would be possible to sort something out!

Hi, I'm based in Darlington but work in Leeds so can travel majority of places up North