My weight watch and diet journey to beat diabetes.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking the same that my guess is she will say to have one in the morning and one at night like you said. Twice 2 tablets with keto diet might be too much will have to wait till 11th December to find out for sure am newly diagnosed no doubt they will be alteration to the medicine
Why do you think it is too much? Metformin doesn't act to remove glucose from your blood, just to stop it being released from your liver.

Tawfiq

Why do you think it is too much? Metformin doesn't act to remove glucose from your blood, just to stop it being released from your liver.

I don’t know, guess am just confused and new to diabetes and try to avoid medication where I can

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

Tawfiq

15 days of keto diet and 30 to 40 minutes walk 5 days a week. I can tell the difference with the weight from 92kg to 89.50 and sugar level the fasting 5.5 , it was 12.8 when first diagnosed last month and random during day doesn’t go above 7. Still only taking 1 metformin a day with breakfast, hoping the three month review will have difference as mine was very high 100. The goal is to lose weight but don’t want lose to fast steady life change style.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was at 91 when diagnosed, dropped to 50 gm of carbs and started to eat properly again, meat and fish etc. in 80 days I had dropped to 47 - but I had been trying to follow a low fat high carb low calorie diet, given out by my doctor, which made me feel lethargic and I had put on so much weight.....
I was going back to my former habits of low carbing as per Atkins, - and my nickname, at one time was 'No Fear'. Your being more cautious is no bad thing, and you should see better numbers particularly with the regular exercise.

Reactions: Tawfiq

Tawfiq

After almost a month of stopping eating high carbs foods including all junk snacks, bread rice pasta all flour based products and daily walk 5 days a week notice the fasting sugar dropping from 12.2 when first diagnosed with type 2 to 5.6 and during the day and after meal hasn’t spiked beyond 7.5 this morning have been around that for the past week. With just one metformin a day. I have a review just before Xmas am just hoping and hoping HBA which was 101 will drop. Doctor is happy with just me taking one metformin in the morning for now. Weight wise hasn’t been that much but not concerned about that at this stage more worried about sugar levels.