Nailed it!!!

Vidar

So I've just had my first 3 monthly test results back and I've dropped from 52 all the way 34! Well into the normal none diabetic range. I've also lost just shy of 5 stone.

I've done this without being fanatical about what I eat, I've eaten some carbs weekly, kept drinking my Robinsons fruit creations and I've not tested my blood sugars once!

I'm not saying how I've gone about things is right for anyone else but it's worked well for me so far.

But I'll keep going, keep trying to lose weight and keep my blood sugar levels down.

Reactions: Prem51 and Pipp

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done @Vidar it's what works for you that's important :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I've just had my first 3 monthly test results back and I've dropped from 52 all the way 34! Well into the normal none diabetic range. I've also lost just shy of 5 stone.

I've done this without being fanatical about what I eat, I've eaten some carbs weekly, kept drinking my Robinsons fruit creations and I've not tested my blood sugars once!

I'm not saying how I've gone about things is right for anyone else but it's worked well for me so far.

But I'll keep going, keep trying to lose weight and keep my blood sugar levels down.
Great job, @Vidar.
Love a success story, no matter how it was achieved.

Reactions: Prem51

Vidar

Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words, I'm genuinely surprised its come down so much considering how lax I've been with things.

I need to speak with my diabetic nurse about things but I'm hoping I can come off the Metformin and see how that effects me in 3 months.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HbA1c and weight reductions in just 3 months @Vidar, well done!
Keep on doing whatever you're doing! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Whatever you’re doing works for you, so keep it up!

Saur

Hi Vidal, congratulations on your results. How did you manage to lose 5st in 3 months. What changes did you make to your diet.

Reactions: Prem51

Vidar

For full disclosure I was and still am very overweight despite being 6ft8 after working nights for years,having a very poor diet and then being injured and suffering long term mobility issues. I'm currently around 29 stone.

All I've done is cut as much carbs and sugar out of my diet as humanly possible. Pork scratchings as opposed to crisps, green tea as opposed to regular, 85% cocoa chocolate etc being careful to try and keep around 20g of carbs a day normally but not being that strict.

Once a week on average I treat myself with a takeaway or meal out with my fiancee. I think for me though the scales have been my best friend. I'm not able to exercise at the moment so don't need to worry about muscle mass but weighing myself weekly if I've gained or maintained my weight from the week previous I adjust for the following.

Reactions: Prem51 and Rachox