Naming and shaming

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That works out at nearly £50 per kilo making it one of the most expensive cheeses in the world!

Reactions: porl69

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are half price in Tesco at the moment pack of 6 for 97p :hungry:

Reactions: Diakat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And they don't even taste like cheese...

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I find a few eating places on the motor way charge you for a slice of toast that could buy a loaf of bread , how they get away with this I have no idea

Reactions: hankjam

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find a few eating places on the motor way charge you for a slice of toast that could buy a loaf of bread , how they get away with this I have no idea

The harsh reality of a commercial world is, it's called supply and demand, Patsy. Particularly on the motorway, there is usually more than one eatery to choose from.

Service station eating is always going to be contentious in all sorts of ways. Sometimes a picnic/tapas is the answer.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The harsh reality of a commercial world is, it's called supply and demand, Patsy. Particularly on the motorway, there is usually more than one eatery to choose from.

Service station eating is always going to be contentious in all sorts of ways. Sometimes a picnic/tapas is the answer.

I used to work for a motorway service area company many moons ago. They are charged huge sums for access to the motorway, have to heat, light, and staff the area 24/7 365 days a year to keep their licence, provide toilets and washroom facilities FOC, and although fuel prices are ridiculously high on the pump, very few people pay it, the majority of customers having business fuel cards. When I left over 10 years ago the profit on between 40 and 60 thousand litres of fuel was about £1000.