Natual Diuretic - not Grapefruit

mammacaz

Hiya,

I have recently been put on to Gliclazide as my GP cannot prescribe the Victoza until I have been to the hospital to see the consultant.

I was warned to watch what I eat as there is a problem with weight gain.

The only problem I have found is that I am obviously retaining fluid am unable to eat Grapefruit because of Simvastatin but surely there is something I can still eat to help me to pee.......

All help gratefully received...Thanks

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
black coffee is a good diuretic

Plus from Google

http://naturaldiuretics.net/

Foods That Can Reduce Water Retention

All types of melons
Cucumbers
Asparagus
Brussels Sprouts
Beets
Oats
Cabbage
Carrots
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onion
Eggplant
Popular herbal supplements

Green tea
Cranberry juice
Dandelion
Nettle
Hawthorn
Fennel
Ginger
Juniper

Cheers
Ailz

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
This sounds daft, and it may not work in every case, but . . . drinking plenty of water can help with fliud retention. If you're getting dehydrated at all, your body will try to hang on to fluid. Drink enough water, and it all comes out! So make sure you drink about 2 litres of water per day.

It works for me - I can soon tell if I'm getting fluid retention by puffy ankles, and if I drink plenty of water, I don't get them.

Viv 8)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
+1 on the water. I drink loads. I can tell when I'm getting a little dehydrated when I take a drink of water - it's as if I can FEEL the water doing good as it's going down!

I can also tell if I'm a little dehydrated when it's on it's way out, too. :lol:

I aim for 2L absolute minimum every day...