Nausea

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hey folks haven’t posted for a while . I’m a diet controlled T2 diabetic and was diagnosed around 7 years ago .
I occasionally have the odd piece of chocolate ( little amount )and have put 2 & 2 together that it makes me feel dizzy the next day and gives me nausea . I suppose I’m just not used to it as I’ve been very strict on the high fat low carb diet .
My point is even when eating the right food I’ve been suffering from mild to uncomfortable nausea almost consistently for 3 weeks and it’s really dragging on , has anybody got any thoughts or relief from this ?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My point is even when eating the right food I’ve been suffering from mild to uncomfortable nausea almost consistently for 3 weeks and it’s really dragging on , has anybody got any thoughts or relief from this ?
Just because you have diabetes doesn't mean everything is caused by it, you could try testing your blood glucose level to see if relates to that, but yeah it may be completely unrelated - it may just be something you're eating that you're not agreeing with (and I don't mean in a sugar level way)

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hey folks haven’t posted for a while . I’m a diet controlled T2 diabetic and was diagnosed around 7 years ago .
I occasionally have the odd piece of chocolate ( little amount )and have put 2 & 2 together that it makes me feel dizzy the next day and gives me nausea . I suppose I’m just not used to it as I’ve been very strict on the high fat low carb diet .
I agree with @Rokaab but obviously hyperglycaemia can make you nauseous. For years I relied on sardines or eggs to fill a gap. Since 2018 I have not been able to eat either because I gag immediately. There is no obvious cause for this but for some reason my body has decided to reject them even though I wish it hadn't! You could try taking out 1 item of your diet for say a week and see if there's any change. Maybe start with a high fat item? Good luck.

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Diabetes itself rarely results in nausea. Yes, you need to look for a peripheral cause. Perahps you are being over strict with the LCHF diet?

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks everybody much food ( excuse the pun ) for thought