Nervous....

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
I suppose, as time goes by and I get used to having T2, I will be less nervous about the prospect of diabetic reviews. I have my first scheduled at 4pm and I have butterflies! I hope they don't take my blood pressure!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As time goes by hopefully you will get to enjoy the experience of baffling your nurse or dr with your achievements in regaining normality.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As time goes by hopefully you will get to enjoy the experience of baffling your nurse or dr with your achievements in regaining normality.
One never knows....

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Just keep in mind that you aren't in competition with anyone and that the review is a technicality so that the GP gets extra money for your special care. I quite enjoy mine - my GPs surgery has a high turnover of staff so I get to see a new DN every time and they always try to find something to moan at me about - I think they feel they need to find something to justify their existence.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be the same - always felt like I was sitting outside the headmasters office lol - it does get easier although I still do get a little nervous - it's funny not for any other appointment I have - I think it's maybe because we are so invested in what we do

Reactions: Guzzler
D

Deleted Account

Isn't it a shame that we think the review is about being told we are doing something wrong or a box ticking exercise for the doctor whereas it should be an opportunity for us to ask questions and get help and advice?

I have been having regular dentist check ups for much longer than diabetes check ups, I have only one filling (due to whacking my front tooth on the side of the swimming pool the first time I ever swam a length) and still feel nervous as I sit in the dentist's chair.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
As has been said as time passes you will have a fair idea of what will happen at a review. This is not like GCSE Maths, HCPs are there to advise and guide not to chide and dictate.

Imagine the nurse has dribbled egg yolk down her front without realising, it helps to humanise people.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As has been said as time passes you will have a fair idea of what will happen at a review. This is not like GCSE Maths, HCPs are there to advise and guide not to chide and dictate.

Imagine the nurse has dribbled egg yolk down her front without realising, it helps to humanise people.
It actually went really well - I have posted another thread if you're interested....