Neuropathy Update

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I thought I would provide an update with regards to my neuropathy.
I was diagnosed with small fibre neuropathy and over the last 10 months or so my feet have been awful, numbness and pain in the front half of both feet (started in right, progressed to left also) which was making even walking very difficult and overall anxiety/depression levels because of this have been very high.
So, several months ago I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid 600mg a day, this had a very minor positive affect.
I then started taking a quality sublingual Vit B12 supplement and this also had a very minor positive affect.
Then a couple of weeks ago I started taking a Vit B1 supplement and I am pleased to report there has been a noticeable improvement in my feet.
I know this could just be a temporary "phase" and not to get too excited, but the pain in both feet has almost completely subsided. I still have numb spots on both fore feet but these are bearable.
I have also bought some Kaps memory foam insoles off Amazon which have helped enormously.
This side of Christmas it is just the sort of relief that I needed.
I think I recall seeing posts on this forum before about the combination of ALA/B12 and B1 being somewhat effective and for me , keeping everything crossed writing this, it seems to have helped.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news @Juicetin :)

Yes, there was a thread about supplements for neuropathy a while ago, so it's good news that they've helped you. That's just the kind of feedback that's useful to other members who may be considering them :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is SUCH good news.
I am delighted for you. :D

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, fully aware that the condition can go through good spells so not getting ahead of myself.
But grateful for any small mercy !