Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yes scatica and body damage from sugar. Nerves, muscles and all attachments including skin. I've been told.
I guess 40yrs of insulin resistance is taking its toll.
I'm hoping I will get rid of scatica, everyone else in my family does but none diabetic.
Physio feels swimming will hold the keep to releasing nipped nerve. I hope he's right.
I don't know anyone with scatica for 3+yrs. You?
We are very different and I'm praying I can eventually lose my aid. He's not promising.
I wish i could see my problem on a scan to get my head around it.
Bariatric op will not cause me to be immobile for long. They get you walking around next day. I'll be stiff and wearing decompression wraps. The sooner I walk around the better. Especially for my kidneys.
Just awaiting surgical team letter now. Then the ball will start rolling in earnest.
I'm so pleased I have a decent physio person now. He definitely knows his stuff.
I think I'm in good hands.
I cannot wait to see a lighter me. I'm sure my back will too.
If on far less insulin then now so in theory I should lose even just from that. (maybe) .

Once I'm at my best weight I will be able to assess which pain is from diabetes neuropathy and which was scatica and weight baring pressure.
Ive looked up S1 on Google but not had a good read due to family interruptions. I will read more to get a fuller picture of my pain maker.

There are two types of sciatica, trying to pin a diagnosis of which type is like trying to peel an elephant, it takes a long time.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
That's great to hear, Ally! How is everything else going? I've been reading some of your posts and I think you've been doing an extraordinarily good job in trying circumstances. I take my hat off to you!
Thank you

justism91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you are doing better now. I was reading posts randomly and i came upon yours. Take care!!