NEW! Accu Check Aviva Nano

999sugarbabe

Mine works fine :!:
First reading 6.2mmol/L :) It looks quite flash compared to my previous Aviva too.

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is here too.. It looks good but I do get fed up with all this black.
A choice of bright colours would be nice especially for the case. That would be very useful when I am searching for it in my bag.

C

catherinecherub

Cally,
Write to the manufacturers or email them on their website. They like feedback.
Catherine.

squirrel

Hi, recived mine today as well, looks smart and is very small, can anbody tell me why the test strips come in such a large drum that is hard to fit in the pouch. I like the idea of replacement lanclet drums, i currently use the single lanclet and only ever get round to changing it once every 3 or 4 months.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
i dont beleive it, i came home to check if i had mine... no post! :( we left mine at 2pm, then when i got back just now at 5, there was a card! 2:05!!!!!! ahhhh gotta wait till tomorrow now lol.

malky

mine was here when i got home from work today aswell, i agree on the size of the teststrip tub it is a bit big compared to the meter and its case but its good it works with the same strips as the aviva no need to change my prescription

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Got mine today :p :p :p not tried it yet but It looks neat a lot smaller than my Compact Plus.

squirrel

hi, blackbird, did you register from one computer or for delivery to same address, somtimes they take ip number and will only send one.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Andrews arrived this morning, not bad being in N.Ireland, thought it would be next week before it arrived. Haven't tried it out yet, but can't get over the size of the finger pricker, Andrew was more interested in the bubble wrap! Whilst i thought it wasn't as descreet as the monitor. A new toy to figure out.
Suzi x

C

catherinecherub

Hi blackbird,
If I was you I would get in touch and explain that there are 2 diabetics at your address and both applied. Meters are the cheap part, it's the strips that make their profit. I am sure they will send you another one.
Catherine.

Stuboy

Dislikes
OMG how big are those test strips!!

They're about three times the size of OneTouch strips! I realise they're catering for those with low dexterity, but WOW they are big lol.

I like the Multiclix lancet... i played with it and didn't realise you can't just keep winding the lancets on and on forever... luckily i worked out how to reset the drum and re-use :mrgreen:

Not too keen on the meter... LOVE the lancet device!

loopyloo

Hi all,

Got my nano yesterday, meter is ok, but again loving the lancet device, nowhere near as painful as my onetouch ultra soft, but wonder how much that has to do with not changing the needles as often as I should maybe? with the rotating drum this wouldnt be such an issue, much easier!

Kind regards
Lindsey
x

Katharine

Great. I've ordered one.

What I want to know, next, is has anyone had a shot of testing their blood sugar in a cinema (with the lights out) since the meter is meant to glow in the dark and the sticks/lancet device are huge?

loopyloo

Hi Katherine,

In the past I have had to test in the cinema, very dificult! To be honest it was luck and maybe because i test so often that I managed to do it 'blind'

I currently use the one touch ultra smart and that also has a light, which is great to read your measurement by if you can see to do it! Some kind of glow from the end near the test strip is definately needed, very difficult to get that teeny tiny drop of blood on the itsy strip in the dark.

That in my humble opinion is the problem :roll:

Kind regards
lindsey
x

Stuboy

Dislikes
The softclix/multiclix uses much better technology in the springing action of the lancet than the ultrasoft does.

The ultrasoft moves from side to side (vibration) when it springs forward into your finger, which is what causes the pain. the softclix/multiclix lancet devices don't have that "vibration", they go in, then they come out, in a straight line, which causes much less discomfort. It's good technology.

I wont be winding my lancet on everytime, maybe once a day. So ill use a new drum each week. You can reset the lencet drum if you really need to. but you're not supposed to so im not gonna say in open how to do it (it's not difficult to work out though).

So it's more about the technology in the device than the new needle that causes less pain!

Testing in the dark... it will always be difficult until the meter companies put an LED light or something on top of the meter that points towards the end of the test strip. At the moment, i use the ultrasmart which has a nice backlight, then i cup one hand over the display so the light reflects off my hand to my finger/strip so i can see where the strip is in relation to the spot of blood on my finger... it's not perfect but it does work.