NEW! Accu Check Aviva Nano

Trinkwasser

Katharine said:
It is the lancet device I'm keen on too.

What do you think of it regarding pain/discomfort?

Many users of other meters prefer the Accuchek stabbers

I'm seeing good reports of this meter elsewhere too now the samples are getting out

squirrel

hi, i dont like the meter but the pen is great, ive changed my perscription to the lancets for the accu-chek as i never get round to changing the single ones. I have kept my test strip perscription with the onetouch.

malky

Katharine said:
What the hell are we going to do with all these bloody nano meters?

well i have used the aviva, had 2 of them, and now have the nano and i would take another one granted the case is not that much smaller that the aviva but its still an improvement and again i agree the test strips are a bit big.

I wish a company would make a meter that was maybe a little bit bigger and the same shape than a closed pen knife which has the finger pricker at one end the test strip bit at the other and the display in the middle as i think this would be very convenient and compact

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
WaveSense had a concept design just like that.

It was about the size of an insulin pen and was a meter and lancet device in one... awesome.

houseofblue

The hubby ordered one a while back and ours arived this morning, and like most, it cost us nothing either... Anyone else received theirs yet? :?:

Katharine

Arrived. The pen works as well as the usual softclix so at least we have two, now that the sc is on it's last legs.

Steven liked the style of the nano. I liked it's light up screen but it needs coded compared to the contour so I don't see it replacing it.

The bs tonight were 6.6 ascencia and 6.3 nano so that is a pretty good match on blood sugars.

mikecarter

Hi
I think my question may have been dealt with somewhere before but I can't find it! Received the accucheck yesterday and tested alongside my usual Optium -xceed. The difference is was 1 at one test then .4 and this morning .9 with the accu check always the higher of the two readings. Any ideas?
Ta
Mike

love the lancet device thingy too!

blackbird

I had to reorder my meter, but it was sent out within 2 days, so excellent service. I love the finger pricker, it doesn't hurt half as much as my freestyle freedom lite. I'm not used to using a new lancet every time I test, in fact I probably only change to a new lancet once every 3 weeks, sometimes less often.
I know that my son rarely changes his lancet barrel on his old accu check multiclix, so does that mean that the last lancet to be used just keeps on being used, or does it go back to the beginning of the barrel to start all over again? Daft question I know, but I have every intention of using my new multiclix finger pricker in the same way.
The meter itself seems good too, I like being able to set an alarm for a 2 hour post meal reading.

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
mikecarter said:
Hi
I think my question may have been dealt with somewhere before but I can't find it! Received the accucheck yesterday and tested alongside my usual Optium -xceed. The difference is was 1 at one test then .4 and this morning .9 with the accu check always the higher of the two readings. Any ideas?
Ta
Mike

love the lancet device thingy too!

Which is odd Mike because the Xceed reports a Plasma Blood Glucose figure which should always be higher than the Whole Blood Glucose figure reported by the Accu-Chek. I'd contact Abbott and ask them for a control solution in order to check the accuracy of the Xceed.

I prefer the Xceed because I'm lazy and don't want to multiply each reading by 1.12 in order to calculate the plasma blood glucose equivalent. Abbott, if you're reading, I like some of the functionality and design considerations offered by the Nano, the post prandial alarm, the display, the infra red port, I haven't tried the software yet I'm waiting for that to turn up. Not too keen on the finger pricker, I much prefer Bayers.

Regards, Tubs.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
I recieved mine yesterday and love it. So dinky , at last I have one that can fit in a handbag :mrgreen: The Accuchek Compact (my prior machine) is huuuge in comparison

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
I do appreciate that the machine is dinky, but the lancet is not and then dont forget the drum for the strips! The compact plus may be bigger, but the strips are stored inside and the lancet is attached to its side - therefore just one object to keep in my bag (actually I keep it in a little make up bag in my handbag, and if I cant find a convenient place for the strips when I am out - I just expel them into the make up bag to be emptied later. I can also do it all one handed, and also in the dark as it lights up.

What I would really like in a meter is a one and two hour alarm (actually audible) for re-testing. I know the nano claims to have this but I found it to be fiddly to set and almost inaudible.

Again - I will be going back to the compact plus.

A :D

Stuboy

Dislikes
you can set alarms for certain times on the compact plus...

I've got back to my ultrasmart... but i have nicked the multiclix lancet device :)

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After a couple of weeks use I think I prefer my old Aviva.

I find the nano a bit small and fiddly. Nice to have a spare multiclix though as I think they are fab :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
im back to using my one touch ultra easy but im using the pricker, as the one touch one makes me swear lol this ones pain free :D

viv1969

Does anyone feel like parting with thier new Nano? I see a lot of folk have decided to continue using their old monitors.

I already use the Aviva, so already have the lancet pen (I see everyone seems to like this....lol); it's just that sexy little monitor I'm after!

I just spoke to the manufacturer on the phone and it seems prior to an early April Launch they're not willing to part with any more freebies.

Stuboy

Dislikes
you can have mine if you want... but im keeping the lancet device!! :mrgreen:

viv1969

Stuboy said:
you can have mine if you want... but im keeping the lancet device!! :mrgreen:

Yeah I noticed everyone seemed to like that....lol.
As I use the Aviva anyway, I already have one....not a sexy black one, but hey ho...lol

Thanks very much btw....I shall pm thee!

gamith

Absolutely new 'member', whom you may never hear from again. I'll explain...

Being a little tubby, over 40 and not the healthiest of eaters I thought I would take up ASDAs offer of a free diabetes check, it was 4.3 and was told that this was fine.

Mentioned this to my wife and the next visit they were too busy to do the test, and I suspect that she may put up a little resistance.

I thought I would look into getting a monitor and seeing about doing an 'at home' test just to see if we needed to take anything further.

I was rather surprised to see that the monitors are rather cheap, and even more surprised to see that some are being given away for free.

Since I don't want to take one away from a more deserving person (pretty much anyone) and it'll probably get used once and then ignored (if we're lucky) I thought I would offer to take someone up on the offer to take one of these Aviva Nanos off their hands.

I would like a few strips just to get started with, after all if my wife is diabetic we'll have to look at the whole monitor thing anyway, but for now just the monitor, say 6 strips(? what's a good number?) and the instructions.

I'm prepared to offer £5 to anyone with a paypal account for the trouble of posting/packaging, and you can hold onto it until the funds are 'cleared' if you like.

ttfn
Paul