New And Learning!

Kingmidas

A series of blood tests which began with symptoms I thought were due to high blood pressure led to confirmation not only of the high BP, but also mild fatty liver disease and a diagnosis of being (just) pre-diabetic. I'm keen to reverse both of these things so have adopted a low carb (not carb free) diet. My doctor was very good at explaining everything and told me NOT to weigh myself all the time, but to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and the weight loss will probably follow.

Well, I think I'm doing ok - very much on a learning curve, but the weight loss has started already - 6lb in two weeks.

I'm hoping I manage to reverse both - my diet has been a bit rubbish for a while and I think I thought I'd get away with it. I've been wrapped up with the stress of caring for elderly parents and neglecting myself

Onwards!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I would urge you to stick to the low carbs, as I have always found it to help me in times of stress - I started eating low carb back in the early 1970s.
I went back to low carb as soon as diagnosed and that got rid of the diabetes and the cholesterol problem too. Eating porridge and baked potatoes probably had no good effects - it made me very fat and the doctor would never tell me the results of my tests..... I eat low carb and the natural fats - such as the crispy chicken thighs which are on the menu at least once a month if not twice and seem to thrive on it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. You're going down the right route with the low carb diet which should help a lot.