New and scared

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Just found out that i have insulin résistance and hyperinsulin.
My GTT was 7.3 at 2 Hours so guess Im in the normal range but
Eating sugery stuff makes me sick. My pancreas releases too much insulin
After two hours 3500pmol so am worried. MRI is clear though - nô signs of tumor

Doc pût me on low carb and low fat diet. I think Im allowed about 45-60g of carbs
Per day, does this make any sense to anyone???

HELP, i feel lost
Have been having tons of nausea , could IR be the cause? Tingling tongue, ringing ears (worse than usual) and pins and needles in feet. Casting sugar 5.4 (normal)

Thanks for all help and suggestion

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carbs, low fat is the diet that evidently has not been effective over the last 30-40 years...

Do understand that carbs AND proteins stimulate insulin release. So fats is the safer bet to reduce circulating insulin level.

You may also want to research on intermittent fasting...

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It's not possible for us to diagnose what your specific condition is, but insulin resistance where muscles in the body are affected by fat deposits does not normally cause symptoms other than the normal diabetic ones due to high blood sugar. You certainly need to keep the carbs was down as you have been told. Fat is not normally a problem for us but I wonder whether your GP has a specific reason for advising you to have low fat other than the usual government mantra? Any suspected gall bladder issues would need a low fat diet for example. I'm sure your GP needs to do an Hba1C test if he hasn't already done so as it has it's own value in addition to the GTT in checking the level of diabetes. Do keep testing 2 hours after typical meals which is more important than a fasting test.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

Thanks! Im obese so that might explain why i shouldnt have fat except good fats of course.

Best,
Alicki

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbs do. Or carbs plus fat. Well, for many of us type 2s, anyway. I lost quite s bit of weight by cutting carbs to less than 50g a day and eating more natural fat (ie no veg/seed oil).

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. I don't know yet if I have the full picture of what's going on hence I'm scared. I have some healthy fat in my diet (avocado, olive oil) hope thats ok.

The nausea after eating is problematic, it seems that i can control it when i cut down on fruit. Im Also wondering if wheat isnt a culprit - tests are neg but i still feel off

Did you have nausea and indigestion at any time?

Best
Alicki

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
You might try cutting out wheat, other grains and fruit since they have a lot of carbs. You should cut out rice and starchy veg (e.g potatoes) as well. Natural fat is fine, such as butter, cheese, other full fat dairy, meat, oily fish, etc. The fats to avoid are trans-fats in processed foods and veg/seed oils, which are not natural. Avocado and good quality olive oil are fine. The potential problem with olive oil is that a lot of it in regular stores is adulterated with cheap veg/seed oils.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I had lunch at 1pm then a piece of fruit at 3pm. Bingo nausea.

I think i ll take your advienne.

Thanks
Alicki