New diagnosed question with shakes

Newdb

Hi
Just been newly diagnosed in August. At 15.5 hba1c. However my blood sugar levels now range between 5-7mmol. Just controlling using diet and exercise. However since tge beginning of September I have had a rapid heart beat and constantly feeling shaky as in all the time shaking. I understand from reading that it maybe false hypo symptoms but I thought that after 2 months my body would have adjusted to it but it seems not to want to go anywhere. I am really looking for any one who have had persistent shakes and how long it takes to go away. Really getting worried it maybe something else but doctors say everything else is fine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Newdb and welcome to the forum

That’s a heck of a drop in blood glucose in a couple of months. Well done you! What you describe could be ‘keto flu’ or a lack of electrolytes (how is your salt intake?), but with any unexplained symptom that goes on a while, the best option is always to consult your doc to get it checked out.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Just been newly diagnosed in August. At 15.5 hba1c. However my blood sugar levels now range between 5-7mmol. Just controlling using diet and exercise. However since tge beginning of September I have had a rapid heart beat and constantly feeling shaky as in all the time shaking. I understand from reading that it maybe false hypo symptoms but I thought that after 2 months my body would have adjusted to it but it seems not to want to go anywhere. I am really looking for any one who have had persistent shakes and how long it takes to go away. Really getting worried it maybe something else but doctors say everything else is fine.

What other test have you had done, to ascertain that everything else is fine? How do you sleep at night, and how are your energy levels? Have you lost any weight lately, and if so, was it intentional?

Newdb

What other test have you had done, to ascertain that everything else is fine? How do you sleep at night, and how are your energy levels? Have you lost any weight lately, and if so, was it intentional?

Thanks for your reply. I have had kidney, liver several heart related and thyroid test done. They cant seem to find anything. My night sleeps are ok although sometimes I feel the shakes affects it a bit. I have lost about 5 kilos since diagnosed and yes it was intentional as i believe it will help me control the diabetes but it seems to have brought on the shakes instead.

Newdb

Hi @Newdb and welcome to the forum

That’s a heck of a drop in blood glucose in a couple of months. Well done you! What you describe could be ‘keto flu’ or a lack of electrolytes (how is your salt intake?), but with any unexplained symptom that goes on a while, the best option is always to consult your doc to get it checked out.

Not really sure about salt but i am on a Lchf diet so i think im getting enough salt.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really sure about salt but i am on a Lchf diet so i think im getting enough salt.

Transferring to a LCHF way of eating can lead to the body losing more salt/electrolytes than usual, which can lead to some of the symptoms you describe. It’s mentioned briefly in this article so it may be worth looking into this aspect of your diet.

This is also informative: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/salt-guide

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating LCHF I need to ensure I have a little salt each day, which I put into my morning coffee, and I take a multivitamin and mineral tablet once in a while, even though my carbs all come from fresh veges and a little fruit, also some frozen fruit once the fresh is gone. Are you including fresh veges in your diet?