"new" diagnosis pre diabetes - 42

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to stop eating goose liver - very big hikes.
Fascinating - I would never have expected this. Luckily perhaps for me I don't have access to goose liver, so I can't test this out on mysel. Have you tried chicken liver? I have taken to eating sheep's liver. Very tasty and supposedly no carbs, whereas chicken liver does have some. (I suppose because chickens may be fed more carbs?)

• Agree
Reactions: AloeSvea

ParisChic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anything fried ~ discrimination & bigotry ~ cold weather ~ unkind people ~ impoliteness
Well done! And I'm jealous of those post-meal readings. What you're doing seems to be working great for you.
Me too! Wow!

muzungu

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update, why not!

So to recap, end of Feb HbA1c of 42 following blood test from GP. Got all the referrals but have not taken them up; am doing this myself, and with reading this forum.

Today's figures following 4 months of diet and moderate increase in exercise, now nearly at my target of 21.5 BMI, just 1.5 kg off. Lost 12 kg so far.

Fasting 4.9
Post meal 5.8

7 day average: 5.1
14 day average: 5.1
30 day average: 5.4
90 day average:5.4

Need to concentrate this week as the diet slipped once or twice; mustn't slacken off just because my target is on the near horizon. Once I have hit that target I can then slowly relax things to a weight maintenance level while continuing to test.